Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help with a connection problem with PS3

terrifNick21

So, last night I try to get online and mess around with NCAA 11, but I couldn't connect to the internet. I went to the settings, put the I.P. address in and all, but when I tried the connection test, it said that there us a DNS error. :mad:Has anyone had this problem and if so, do you know how to fix it? It'd be much appreciated.

So, last night I try to get online and mess around with NCAA 11, but I couldn't connect to the internet. I went to the settings, put the I.P. address in and all, but when I tried the connection test, it said that there us a DNS error. :mad:Has anyone had this problem and if so, do you know how to fix it? It'd be much appreciated.

Why are you using static IPs?

How do you do that?

I think its under connection settings or something. When I first got my PS3 I was having problems connecting to the internet and as soon as I turned off the media server the internet started working. I'm at work now, so I don't know exactly what its under, but I'll check when I get home if someone still hasn't answered.

I think its under connection settings or something. When I first got my PS3 I was having problems connecting to the internet and as soon as I turned off the media server the internet started working. I'm at work now, so I don't know exactly what its under, but I'll check when I get home if someone still hasn't answered.

Alright man. I appreciate it. I'm going to go look for it now and see if I can find it.

Try this link. Its blocked for me at work but it looks like it may have the answer.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/How-do-I-disable-the-media-server-option/m-p/31202342

I found it, and it still said the same thing. :(

snowman, did you already put in your WEP#?

It didn't ask me for one. I think it's because I'm using a wired connection.

I found it, and it still said the same thing. :(

It didn't ask me for one. I think it's because I'm using a wired connection.

Everything would probably go a lot easier for you if you just use a wireless connection. Just put in your IP address, and your WEP code ( which you can find on your router), and you should be good to go.

Everything would probably go a lot easier for you if you just use a wireless connection. Just put in your IP address, and your WEP code ( which you can find on your router), and you should be good to go.

Yeah I've used wireless and it's much easier, but when I'm at home, they don't have wireless, so I'm stuck using the wired connection, which obviously isn't working. :silly:

What does the message say now?

Just said I couldn't sign in and it gave another 80blahblahblah number. During the connection test, it said both the IP address and Internet connection succeeded, but not the PSN. Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Archived