Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - (Video) Is this the year for Dallas?

HapHaszard

There have been some serious coaches that were total boobs that won a Super Bowl. I'm not saying that Wade is (I think he is a great defensive mind) but that's the perception that he is a buffoon and can never win, but Weeb Ewbank, Brian Billick and Barry Swizter can?

Here's why:

Post season records

Brian Billick: 5-3, won Super Bowl his first time in playoffs, and his 2nd season as a head coach in the NFL.

Barry Switzer: 4-1, won Super Bowl in his 2nd trip to the playoffs, and his 2nd season as a head coach in the NFL.

Wade Phillips: 1-5, won a wildcard game in his 5th trip to the playoffs, and his 10th season as a head coach in the NFL.

It's one thing to be perceived as a "buffoon who can't win"...it's quite another to prove those perceptions accurate. ;)

I will never really take the cowboys seriously as long as wade phillips is there.

And I suspect they can do well this year, as long as they maintain the freakish ability to go an entire season without losing one starter to injury. I mean, that happens all the time in the NFL. I credit their pregame stretching routine.

It's more than luck when a team has so few MCL/ACL injuries year in and year out, the training staff in Dallas is top notch. As for other injuries Dallas actually had their starting RT break his leg midseason, their starting RB tear his quad, the backup running back miss time with a sprain, starting WR break his ribs, starting SS play 1/2 the season with a cast on his broken arm, starting FS miss 4 games, oh, and their all-pro LB played the whole season with a broken foot and a broken hand, in addition to a sprained neck late in the season.

As for injured reserver though, they did get super lucky only putting 5 or 6 players on it before the season even started, though none of them were penciled in as starters.

We'll be looking forward to your cowardly dissapearing act by mid-season, as per usual. Depending on their record, of course.

coolbeans and defenderofthestar, doing their part to convince the rest of the nfl that cowboy fans are not, in fact, bandwagon jumping, inbred, ignorant, spineless ****wads. Good job guys, you're winning hearts and minds.

Nice reponse that had absolutely nothing to do with my post. I guess you really had no response that made sense so you reverted to the same old tired BS. I'll be around all season don't worry. Have fun rooting for McNabb who you guys have trashed for a decade!:ols:

It's more than luck when a team has so few MCL/ACL injuries year in and year out, the training staff in Dallas is top notch. As for other injuries Dallas actually had their starting RT break his leg midseason, their starting RB tear his quad, the backup running back miss time with a sprain, starting WR break his ribs, starting SS play 1/2 the season with a cast on his broken arm, starting FS miss 4 games, oh, and their all-pro LB played the whole season with a broken foot and a broken hand, in addition to a sprained neck late in the season.

As for injured reserver though, they did get super lucky only putting 5 or 6 players on it before the season even started, though none of them were penciled in as starters.

Let me know when you're forced, for a variety of reasons, to start 6 different guards or have a perennial pro-bowler go down to a career ending injury. The starting running back miss the season. Your pro-bowl TE break an ankle.

No one would questions that Cerrato put together a horrible, horrible "playoff" roster last year. But any team that is forced to rotate that many players through is going to struggle. The Cowboys have been incredibly lucky with injuries. You're list is a reach at best.

Nice reponse that had absolutely nothing to do with my post. I guess you really had no response that made sense so you reverted to the same old tired BS. I'll be around all season don't worry. Have fun rooting for McNabb who you guys have trashed for a decade!:ols:

Case...in...point...

Archived