Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the leagues best CB?

NeonGlow

Without any tangible stats I dont think you can give anyone the nod right now except out of bias...There is no clear cut, shut down corner out there now IMO! I'm not suggesting that Bailey shouldnt be considered top CB because of a couple off games, but I feel that he was annointed the best a little too soon in the first place!

Ty Law=fallen off big time

Sam Madison=did you ever count PI calls on him in a game? WOW

Charles Woodson is probably my pick I guess but clearly no human is unbeatable...

I think it's hard to answer that question in any meaningful fashion. Bailey was essentially in a soft man defense on the play he was beaten on. That was the coaching staff calling that play. It seems to me he doesn't generally get beat in tight man coverage, though, he did fall down on one play, so that can happen too.

Of course, the play he was beaten on due to being played 10-yards deep wouldn't have been there to take had the offense been called for the pass interference penalty incorrectly called on Bailey, or if no call was made. We didn't lose because of poor officiating, but that call had an impact of changing what Green Bay could call in that situation.

I never have thought Bailey was yet the best corner in the league though. I've always leaned toward Woodson, with Bailey in the top five, and by the end of the year being in close company with Smoot smile.gif.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Woodson gambles and loses his share of battles. He is not better than Bailey, although they are comparable.

Madison is a better corner than either right now because of his experience and physical play in strong run support.

The other thing to remember is that Bailey is being asked to play a different style of pressing coverage under Marty.

I like CHAMP despite Marty screw1ng around with his covering skills he is a top 3 pick with Woodson up there with him. S Rolle benefits from the pass rush forcing the QB to release the ball too soon in several instance that I have seen.

And Smoot is going to be a good one.

------------------

Take a sip of the Marty KoolAid and Believe

Archived