Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why signing Bailey won't impact Samuels or Arrington.

Art

I'm no capologist, but it seems like much of our ability to keep high-priced stars and stay under the cap has been due to the fact that we've been paying peanuts for the most expensive position on the team - QB. If, as I hope, Ramsey becomes the next Dan Marino, we're either going to have to shell out some major bucks to lock him up, or alienate him and eventually lose him to free agency.

Champ and Lavar are certainly excellent players, but sometimes I wonder if they are as elite as some of us like to believe. Going back and looking at Darrell in the '87 and '91 SBs, I can't quite accept that Champ is the same caliber. Nor has Lavar risen up to be the next Wilbur Marshall. If Ramses and Gardner emerge as the next Warner and Isaac Bruce, it will be interesting to see if the FO goes more for overall team depth, or goes for retaining the marquee players on D.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

How wrongheaded does it seem that we're referring to the possible emergence of Ramsey, Gardner, and Smoot as a PROBLEM? :doh:

If Ramsey has 25 to 30 TD's this year then lock him up right away. We won't have to give him the bank but make him happy. Remember this offense needs a smart QB with an arm to work. Split champs SB to sign Ramsey, Garnder, and Smoot :)

Archived