Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Mini camp notes – 06/17/10

JimmiJo

http://web.warpathconfidential.com/?p=3594

Mini camp notes – 06/17/10

Alumni day

The Redskins hosted over 60 alums from past teams at practice today for the first annual Redskins Alum Barbeque. Among the guests were such greats as Bobby Mitchell, Brig Owens, Mark Moseley, Charley Taylor, Larry Brown, Gary Clark, Art Monk, Ron McDole, Roy Jefferson, Clint Didier, Charlie Brown, Neal Olkewicz, Pat Fischer, Ken Harvey, and others spanning five decades of Redskins’ football.

The alumni attended practice, ate a barbeque lunch with current players and then both current and past players, along with the coaching staff went bowling.

“It’s obviously a great day for the Washington Redskins, a special time to bring back not only the legends of the game, but some of the architects of the Washington Redskins that our fans have loved over the decades,” said general manager Bruce Allen.

“I was raised a Redskins’ fan,” said Allen. “And really, we owe them a debt gratitude for their accomplishments in building this team. Not just the three Super Bowl trophies, but the way they represented themselves in the burgundy and gold. And I think they are going to give a great message for our current players to follow.”

Click the link above for the rest of the story...

Grossman to Galloway – Rex Grossman hit Joey Galloway on an impressive deep crossing pattern. Galloway showed he can still turn on the jets as he separated from the defender to take the ball in for the score.

The more I hear about Galloway, the more I feel like he could be a real contributor to this team.

Love to hear the offense is starting to come on. It also looks like QB competition may be heating up. That's what we want a good heated competition.

I missed the OTas but have been there for the mini camps. For me, it has been McNabb, Grossman, and Brennan in that order.

Murf spent a half hour trying to convince me why I shouldn't start the Grossman for president chant now, but the guy had some nice plays today.

It also looks like QB competition may be heating up.

No. It hasn't. Grossman and Brennan have done next to nothing over the last two months.

Just because Sexy Rexy makes one play on the one day JimmiJo decides to bring his goat-smelling ass out to Redskins Park doesn't mean he's done anything. Please ignore the old man. He's off the meds.

No. It hasn't. Grossman and Brennan have done next to nothing over the last two months.

Just because Sexy Rexy makes one play on the one day JimmiJo decides to bring his goat-smelling ass out to Redskins Park doesn't mean he's done anything. Please ignore the old man. He's off the meds.

Rex FTW!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb and postulate that the poster you're replying to was referring to Brennan more than Grossman.

Thing about Todd Collins is he led us downfield for a GW TD against the Titans in a preseason game that same year so I did see something in Todd at the time. Since Rex supposedly knows this system, we should see results in these preseason games.

I'm going to go out on a limb and postulate that the poster you're replying to was referring to Brennan more than Grossman.

Nope, honestly want to know who is looking better and if they will give each other real competition or is it a runaway. Don't like Grossman much, but if he is the better QB, than he is the better QB. But if Brennan is better, than I have more to smile about.

Edit: By the way, Murf and Jimmijo, you guys crack me up. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Archived