Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why haven't the redskins won any games.

bleedblue

Redman that was too funny.

Blue, Why arent you spending more time with some of the female neighbors this summer? Don't you kids play games in the dark basements anymore? When my brothers and I were your age we used to round up all the neighborhood gals over our house and have some fun. Sure beats posting 70 times a day here. I wish I was 11 again. The good old days.........;)

Originally posted by bleedblue

Henry, would you have any screen shots of the attari????

This page has a shot of the model I had.

The C64 was the standard by which all others were measured, but I think the Atari had better games. For sheer gaming I'd say ColecoVision was tops, but as a computer it blew serious chunks. The Apple IIe was a pretty good all around machine, and it even came with it's own monitor, although I did get sick of green and black. :)

I think my Atari 800 was $500 in '82. But it didn't come with a monitor. You had to plug it into your TV. Apple was the only computer system that came with a monitor, but it was only two-color (usually black and green.) My frinds who had Apples would plug them into their TVs so they could play games in color.

Oh, and there were no mouses on any of these systems. In that picture note the joystick ports in the front. Atari had the best joysticks.

Originally posted by bleedblue

That is how much PS2 was new.

When PS2 first came out it was $400. It was so hard to find at first that people were paying up to $1000 on ebay for it. Recently the price has come down. Coleco was the system that was popular before the original nintendo and sega machines.

If you want a good history of video games read this. I have the link starting at 1978. I would be curious to see how many of these machines all of us had.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/hov/p4_01.html

Archived