Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Washington Redskins minicamp wrap-up (FINAL)

themurf

I saw Torain throughout practice, but to be completely honest, the running backs weren't doing any drills that were remotely exciting. If you had never seen any of the RBs play before and showed up at practice Sunday, you'd have no clue if any of them could actually play.

They did the one drill where all the coaches were focusing on route running (where everyone kept dropping passes out on a swing route), and then they did some other equally basic stuff. If Torain makes the team, it won't be because of anything we saw on Sunday.

I only ask because I looked up Torain and found he ran like a 4.5, 4.6 or what not but seeing some of his "highlights" with Denver and even some in college, he looks much faster then you'd think. I"m just wondering what kind of roll he could fill for the team.

Good write ups, though. Tis so much better to actually have eyes their to know whats going on.

Stuff like this makes me feel very connected and privileged to be part of this community. Awesome job Murf.

That's very kind of you to say. Thanks for that. It's something I enjoy doing and I make it a point to always let the players know that I'm not your typical media member, that I'm there to represent the fans.

Yeah. Lord knows I've been called a Campbell apologist for a while now, but seeing McNabb connect with ease on those deep passes was a sight for sore eyes. Seriously, just being able to stretch the field and keep defense honest should do wonders for the aging running back rotation.

Murf, I know I was one who thought you a JC apologist, but I always had faith that you would come around. :pfft:

Great write up!!! Thanks for the pictures and everything else!!!

Archived