Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What kind of business suits to wear in summer time?

hockeysc23

Pretty simple question. I am semi up to date on style (colors, matching etc.) and don't mind wearing a suit but this time of year is just brutal. If I have to metro ride to a client's site I am a mess by the time I get there. I sweat pretty easily.

God help me if we meet in a gov't persons office because a/c is so random and usually just a lil window unit, I look like I am either sick or I feel like I am going to overheat.

So besides the crazy looking sear sucker (sp?) suits what is a nice traditional suit that won't have me sweating ridiculously.

Any specific good brands etc?

Cotton blends. With silk, linen, or canvas.

You will thank me for it.

Go try them on and see what is going to work best for you.

Thanks I knew there were some specifics but every google search kept bringing up some crazy sear sucker suits someone was trying to say was in style ... well maybe for them I cannot pull that off haha.

and Burgold .... very good reference thanks :)

you can also get away with lighter colors: a gray, a tan if you like them and if they look good on you, but theat material is the big thing. Most offices the jacket isn't required or is only worn for a short bit (at meetings and such)

Thanks I knew there were some specifics but every google search kept bringing up some crazy sear sucker suits someone was trying to say was in style ... well maybe for them I cannot pull that off haha.

No problem bro. It's all about being comfortable. I get hot and uncomfortable too. So I know what you mean. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a linen only suit. By the time you get to work it will look like you just pulled it out of a ball. If you are in the islands and just wearing linen pants for comfort it doesn't matter but it won't look professional for presenting yourself at work.

It takes a certain type that can pull off a seersucker, I tried just because I don't care what people think, but I admit that they look rather silly. Even still I tried it once. You gotta have gray hair and be able to tie a bowtie.

you can also get away with lighter colors: a gray, a tan if you like them and if they look good on you, but theat material is the big thing. Most offices the jacket isn't required or is only worn for a short bit (at meetings and such)

Lighter colors are a good tip. Not 70's/80's colors though.

Archived