Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally! A defensive coordinator who [has] balls

NewCliche21

[This may have been more appropriate when Haslett was signed, but I'd rather not bump any breaking news stories]

Some of my best Redskins memories, whether ones I witnessed firsthand or ones that my father and grandfather have told me about, are our impenetrable defenses. Ken Houston stuffing like it's a Thanksgiving turkey, Darrell Green sending us to the playoffs on fourth and four in the NFC Championship, Sean Taylor being Sean Taylor, a plus FORTY+ turnover ratio, etc. Yeah, there's the hogs, Sonny, Riggo, Rypien, Gibbs, Brown, etc., but our defense is something that we have always had to hang our hat on.

However, in 2008, that all went to ****. Sure, the stats say that we weren't all bad in 2008 or 2009, but where were our turnovers? Where were we in the fourth quarter? Where were we when we allowed nearly TWO hundreds yards and TWO touchdowns in TWO drives against a team that had lost NINETEEN straight games? I don't know, honestly.

Getting rid of Blache was the second-best thing to happen to this team this offseason (getting Kyle being number one). The man was a coward on the field and off of the field he wouldn't even talk to the media because they were honest. That is not a real leader.

While the following clip is a collection of pretty silly rants, keep in mind that rants come from passion. At the 0:56 mark, look at who's talking and what he's saying.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G17zp0_26xU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G17zp0_26xU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He knows the game, he has the fire, and with a defensive coordinator like him, you can bet that our defense may not rank first in the stats, but it will rank in the elite in terms of turnovers, big plays, and general intimidation.

McNabb, Haynesworth drama, and everything else aside, let's not forget that we now have a coordinator who will light a fire under the asses of our very talented and, until this point, unmotivated defense.

I am pumped!

I dont know much about Haslett but from what Ive read, his players play hard for him and hes a players coach. Hes played the game and he can relate to the players are going though on the field. He has head coaching experience and if Im not mistaken he took his team deep into the playoffs a couple of years with Aaron Brooks as his QB. Im excited to see how the d plays this year. Should be interesting. Cant wait to see what he has in store for us.

To be honest, one of my friends posted that video on facebook, but when I saw that it was OUR guy, I got so excited. He's a legendary player and can have a holistic view of the game.

He's going to make these players infinitely better: Orakpo and Landry. Seriously, watch the hell out for these two.

Archived