Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Rams to work out McCoy (MET)

gutlead74

For some reason, that stupid Office Depot commercial is now stuck in my head. "WOW, now that's a low price!!!"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUBUxv4VsTw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUBUxv4VsTw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Not really. Bradford is smarter and has a better arm. McCoy has an edge in mobility, but his arm is suspect. Some scouts have said they don't think he has the arm strength to make all the NFL throws. Particularly the deep out.

I'm not exactly an NFL scout but I did play QB and do some coaching. I broke down some film of McCoy a few weeks back and I saw him throw some NFL outs, dig routes and show nice he can get it deep with a nice touch. I'm not worried about his arm or his size (how big is Brees?)

I do think he will need time working on his drop from under centre, play action and particularily his set up and footwork while throwing. He tends to have a narrow base and not transfer his weight throwing off his back foot.

I think in the right situation if he is given time to develop he can play in the NFL and would be good value in the 2nd round.

I'm not exactly an NFL scout but I did play QB and do some coaching. I broke down some film of McCoy a few weeks back and I saw him throw some NFL outs, dig routes and show nice he can get it deep with a nice touch. I'm not worried about his arm or his size (how big is Brees?)

Making those throws with enough velocity to counteract the speed of NFL defenses is what I'm worried about. I think he'll be fine throwing the underneath short routes with accuracy, but he doesn't have the arm to zip a deep out into a covered WR down field with accuracy. That's the difference between him and Bradford.

Archived