Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

10 commandments of a good Qb

Dirk Diggler

I suspect that him going through his reads too fast (which I have identified a few times) probably happens because he knows in the back of his mind that he needs to get the ball out quickly because of the OL.
Sort of like the David Carr/Patrick Ramsey syndrome.

That little problem that you described has ruined a few careers.

Sort of like the David Carr/Patrick Ramsey syndrome.

That little problem that you described has ruined a few careers.

Except that Campbell has been better than both of those QBs in his career, even with all the changes and upheaval that this team has gone though.

As others have said, we will see. Fans and detractors both will see if he can win over another head coach.

We all had a laugh in another thread about how Devin Thomas said Shanahan was "shocked" at some of the predictabe, simple plays Zorn ran all last year.

Maybe Zorn was running them constantly b/c that was all Campbell could handle.

It wasn't that it was all Campbell could handle. Zorn stated numerous times, publicly, that he would love to make the offense more complex but the line wasn't allowing time for it. It was not a matter of the playbook being all that Campbell could handle. It was a matter of the playbook being all that the O-Line could handle.

Campbell usually has good repoire with his RBs and TEs b/c they usually are the ones catching the short passes. The dump-offs.

Campbell is real good at those. :D

He has less repoire with his WRs b/c they are usually the ones going further out.... 15, 20 25+ yards.

It is definietly true that WRs run bad routes and drop passes, but I have a hard time believing that ALL the WRs Campbell has had here are constantly running bad routes and dropping passes.

I think a lot of it is on Campbell.

I agree that a lot of this is on Campbell, but Moss had so many drops last year it was physically painful. Also the reason Campbell appeared to be doing nothing but dumpoffs is because that is how the West Coast Offense works. It doesn't have anything to do with lack of desire to go deep, it has more to do with the lack of deep routes in the system we were running.

Also you cannot pretend that at the end of the season he and Devin Thomas weren't clicking, because they were. If they had made Thomas the focus for the last 6 weeks we would have done much better than we did. As a reciever splitting playing time he still was averaging 5 catches a game down the stretch.

None of us know what Shannahan will do at QB. But I would be willing to bet that if we draft a QB then JC will be the starter. At least I pray that is the case...I remember Rex Grossman, and he was absolutely horrendous on one of the best teams in memory. Behind our line I would give him 2 games at best.

So for those of you that dont want Campbell to start this year, pray we take an OT in the 1st round. If we do not have confidence in our LT then you can look forward to another year of JC (a horrible fate for you, but an acceptable one for me)

Collins threw for less yards in that whole game than Campbell did in a HALF against the same team several weeks earlier. Furthermore, Campbell put up over 300 yards and moved the ball at will against the NUMBER ONE pass D (#2 overall) in that TB game.

Archived