Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PER JEFF McLANE : ANDREWS CUT!

Number5

1st, what's up OWU?

2nd, per Reid, they chose to finally go in a different direction. They seem to be clearing alot of money up for something. it's making me really nervous....something is aobut to happen.....what do you think?

1st, what's up OWU?

2nd, per Reid, they chose to finally go in a different direction. They seem to be clearing alot of money up for something. it's making me really nervous....something is aobut to happen.....what do you think?

I'm not reading too much into it. I think they just figure, like the Redskins, that one benefit of an uncapped season is cutting toxic assets without penalty. So long to Witherspoon, or Simmoneau V 2.0, so long to Shawn Andrews, so long to Reggie Brown, so long to Brian Westbrook (no hard feelings, but the number finally came to exceed his value). I wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin Curtis go the same way shortly.

If someone offers a 1st round pick for McNabb, I think they'd jump on it. That doesn't seem like a likely scenario though, and trading him for much less doesn't make much sense.

The most likely scenario, in my mind, has them standing pat until the draft and looking to trade up for Earl Thomas. If they stay at 24, I could see OL, DE, S, or CB. I don't expect them to shake things up all that much.

Maurkice Pouncey

I've been fantasizing about getting young at DE, S, and OLB all offseason, but I wouldn't be able to argue with their drafting Pouncey. Or, for that matterm Iupati, if they moved up a little. Still, I'm tired of the unathletic, pedestrian defense I saw last year. They need athletes at those three positions.

I've been fantasizing about getting young at DE, S, and OLB all offseason, but I wouldn't be able to argue with their drafting Pouncey. Or, for that matterm Iupati, if they moved up a little. Still, I'm tired of the unathletic, pedestrian defense I saw last year. They need athletes at those three positions.

Completely agree. I've jumped on the Weatherspoon bandwagon. The rumors during the 2007 draft were that the Eagles wanted Beason and all the info I've read is that Spoon could be Beason 2.0... But, with the release of Andrews and the injury to J. Jackson, I could see Pouncey as the pick.

Is he currently healthy? Did he miss last season bc of depression or injury?

He missed last year after undergoing surgery in August. He then had a second surgery in December. It was assumed that the Eagles would wait until training camp to see if he was healthy from that December surgery, but it appears they decided to pull the plug preemptively.

Stay away from Iupati! He's gonna be a Cowboy!

Archived