Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com (Redskins TV) - 'Meet Bobby Turner'...quote on Portis

Est.1974

http://www.redskins.com/do/videoGallery

Just watched this, still seems to rate CP. To quote Turner on CP, "He definitely has something left".

Take it for what it's worth, could be pure coaches speak, could be a sales pitch, could mean exactly what he said.

It's a decent watch and he looks like a damn good guy to have in our ranks.

And, if thats too boring, watch the videos of the 'beauties' instead :)

http://www.redskins.com/do/videoGallery

Just watched this' date=' still seems to rate CP. To quote Turner on CP, [b']"He definitely has something left". [/b]

Take it for what it's worth, could be pure coaches speak, could be a sales pitch, could mean exactly what he said.

It's a decent watch and he looks like a damn good guy to have in our ranks.

And, if thats too boring, watch the videos of the 'beauties' instead :)

Yup... its called a bad attitude.

Agreed' date=' and if he doesn't change it fast I can't see him sticking around. Time will tell how he decides to conduct himself moving forward.[/quote']

I'm not knocking him either. He has been a real trooper fo the Skins under Gibbs. ost Gbbs... not so much. I think he has enough fire and determination get the job done though. I think he just needs some direction and a little bit of motivation. Winning will do that.

I don't know what Clinton has left in the tank, but I do want to see what his doubters are going to say if he has a huge year.

I personally don't think he was being a team player the lst two years. I think he's no different than the people on a regular job that have an in competent manager (Zorn). In the real workplace people who have poor leaders are not motivated and don't perform to optimal level. That's not making an excuse for an athlete, it's just stating a fact about the real workplace.

I notice he makes alot of coments about speaking to his boss and how he treated last season like he was going to his job, not having fun. Maybe there's something to that logic.

I have a feeling the new regime is going to give Portis a clean slate and let him prove his worth. It will be fun to see what actually happens. Im personally tired of Clinton Portis and his money over everything approach. Even though thats my approach to life it should be different for him. I dont know why but it should.

I've said it once and I'll say it again the reports of the demise of one Clinton Portis have been greatly exaggerated. I absolutely believe that he can rush for 12-1300 yards this upcoming season. All he has to do is committ himself to being in the best shape of his life and keep it up. I can see him breaking Riggins all time Redskins rushing record, this year. Due to his concussion last year he has very less wear and tear than he would have otherwise. I say he comes in training camp ready to rumble with a chip on his shoulder :)

I've said it once and I'll say it again the reports of the demise of one Clinton Portis have been greatly exaggerated. I absolutely believe that he can rush for 12-1300 yards this upcoming season. /QUOTE]

I think that if he really does come in and put in the work it takes he'll be great again. The guy has been a stud all his career, and I can't judge his last year behind a JV o-line fairly.

I've said it once and I'll say it again the reports of the demise of one Clinton Portis have been greatly exaggerated. I absolutely believe that he can rush for 12-1300 yards this upcoming season. All he has to do is committ himself to being in the best shape of his life and keep it up. I can see him breaking Riggins all time Redskins rushing record, this year. Due to his concussion last year he has very less wear and tear than he would have otherwise. I say he comes in training camp ready to rumble with a chip on his shoulder :)

:point2sky+1

Archived