Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Goff at LG? Thoughts?

kingarthur65

I met Mike a couple of years ago at my local pub and when he was released by the Chargers I told him he would be playing LG for the Skins. It started out as a joke but it became a possibility later. He knows I'm a huge Skins fan. He has to walk past my Skins flag on his way to the bar. After we signed Dockery, he told me that if we didn't get Dockery there was a chance he would have become a Redskin.

He ended up playing for the Chiefs this year until he had surgery on his shoulder and ended up missing about half of the season.

I saw him on Sunday and we watched the Cowboys :dallasuck pummeled and had a few beers. He asked me if Thomas was ready to retire. I told him that I hadn't heard anything but I know he's been hurt for the last three years now and I'd put in a good word for him. :)

I've known him for about 3 years and he's a great guy, a good team leader. He's in terrific shape right now. He's not a mauler, he's more of a technique kind of guy, good pulling guard, good quickness. I can tell you that Tomlinson was much better when he had Mike in front of him.

Have any of you seen him play? Do you think he would fit in with Shanahan's scheme.

In his day a very good guard.

But at 34, and the opportunity to completely rebuild this thing from scratch, he's more than had his day for us.

There's a long way until draft day, and we don't know what extra picks we may well pick up between now and then through the trade route, not to mention FA when teams make cut's. We'll rebuild the line just fine.

Hail.

Chris Kuper is a OG to keep an eye on. Denver drafted him in the 5th round in 2006 and he's a FA this year. Denver can tender him but we can sign him and give up our 5th round pick for him. He turned 27 in December so he has alot of miles left on him. I think Shanny will make a play for him in FA. JMO. Others on this board have mentioned him before.

Archived