Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, a lot of peoples wish came true - Snyder Accepts Responsibility

];7181888']A lot of people never wished for anything. They just wanted to complain about something.

It's easier to blame something and hate it until it gets better' date=' than it is to work with something and hope for the best. Optimism is a tough, tough thing.[/quote']

You hit the nail on the head. People like to keep digging up a mistake made ten years ago, and dis-credit anything good when they decide they don't like someone. The truth is, no one here knows for sure who did what, but what is important is we have what everyone's been asking for - an owner who has admitted his mistakes, hired a GM and allowing a new era to begin. Let's just let it happen already, be excited about the future instead of complaining about the past and enjoy the ride. :logo:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

another quote taken out of context. When asked about the current position coaches/staff/defense in that press conference, he responded with that statement. And it turned out true. Most of the coaching staff stayed.

When he comes out and says "it wasn't Jim's fault, I put him in a bad situation. I have been doing that to the coaches for the last ten years. I have been screwing it up for so long. I am going to put people in place to make this successful and I will be the biggest cheerleader out there." If he would say that, then he would be taking responsibility.

Exactly. A vague statement isn't enough for me. Tell us specifically what you did that was wrong, Dan. Then tell us how you plan to change your behavior. Then we can judge whether you actully learned anything. This statement of responsibility rings hollow to me.

another quote taken out of context. When asked about the current position coaches/staff/defense in that press conference, he responded with that statement. And it turned out true. Most of the coaching staff stayed.

Get your fact straight. He was specifially talking about the front office structure.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/snyder-and-gibbs-press-confere.html

Dear Dan,

You are not a failure because you weren't able to succeed as a quasi GM of an NFL football team.

You are a failure because you didn't realize that you weren't qualified to try.

People who own companies hire expierienced CEO's for a reason.

Moving on..

I wish you success as the OWNER of a NFL football franchise.

And I wish Bruce Allen succes as our GM.

Where does he accept responsiblilty for his decade long ownership's failures?

Seems to me he is putting the "failure" strictly on Zorn's run as coach and I guess Vinny's run as the VP of Football Ops.

Danny needs to accept that his entire run as owner has been a failure and that his attempts at "bringing a championship team" in the past have been nothing but abject failures.

Until then I see this as nothing but throwing Zorn and Vinny under the bus by specifically focusing on the last two years.

Partially agree...but baby steps, baby steps...I'll take it at this point, Rome wasn't built in a day, and it's going to take some time for Danny boy's ego to come around...but we're moving in the right direction @ least I think....

There are a bunch of famous cliche's that address this situation. "Actions speak louder than words". "Proof is in the pudding". However you want to phrase it, saying that things will be different is not the same as being different.

The real question you should ask is "Does Dan Snyder deserve the benefit of the doubt"? In my opinion, probably not since I remember not too long ago another famous cliche' bandied about by the Ashburn braintrust..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I wasn't really going for cliches, so much as stating that people love to *****. And they'll draw conclusions from nothing to support their statements.

The majority of ES believes that Danny is this little midget running around telling people how to do what, and signing people because he thinks he knows all.

But none of us knows that for a fact. Is the above possible? Yes, of course. But it's also just as possible that Danny, like any business owner, likes to be involved to a certain degree with his business. For all we know, Danny just stays involved, but doesn't really push his football decisions. Perhaps Vinny was really the brains behind the operation.

We simply don't know, but some people love to blame. I don't know if Danny is really the kind of owner who thought he was a hotshot, but I'm not going to assume anything about him just because it fits my impression of his character.

You hit the nail on the head. People like to keep digging up a mistake made ten years ago, and dis-credit anything good when they decide they don't like someone. The truth is, no one here knows for sure who did what, but what is important is we have what everyone's been asking for - an owner who has admitted his mistakes, hired a GM and allowing a new era to begin. Let's just let it happen already, be excited about the future instead of complaining about the past and enjoy the ride. :logo:

I guess you're a tougher guy than most. It really is difficult to be an optimist after a decade of failure.

I've never seen anything from the Skins that was anything less than traumatic, excluding 2005 and parts of 2007. But I'm still optimistic. Hopefully Shanahan will come in and show the offense signs of life.

Who knows? By 2011, we might have a roster of winners and such.

Archived