Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can the Redskins fix flaws? : Redskins must minimize flaws for success

Thinking Skins

Korny,

It's not an editorial as newspapers have all editorials on the Editorial pages. It's not even a sports column in the strictest sense. Beat writers can't write columns on the topic they cover as interjecting personal views on the team they cover ruins their ability to cover the team.

You don't need to have an inner knowledge of sports journalism, but, don't try to write something off as something it isn't without asking first. Again, I've not said there is any bias present in this article. This is a generic negative assessment of the team written in filler mode by a guy who is actually supposed to be covering training camp at the present time since he's there.

The assessments contained in the article are generic and ones that have been discussed by fans for several months and aren't really at issue. The factual errors he writes aren't opinions. They are factually inaccurate statements and they are factually inaccurate for the simple reason that they aren't true.

It's got nothing to do with a lack of objectivity on my part Korny. However, as you've continued to express a fundamental inability to maintain your concentration level through the whole of a written piece, perhaps you just let your mind wander and you really ought to stay more focused if you wish to speak on various topics.

Originally posted by Yomar

where is this hostility coming from? what exactly do people expect from an article written about the Redskins in early August?

Yomar

:applause: Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. There's a reason it's printed on newspaper - it's cheap. But I guess people unrealistically expect the newspaper to fullfill all their inner football quandries. How dissappointed they get when it doesn't.

Archived