Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The higher the Pay, the worse the performance

Rhodus333

Am i the only one who notices this disturbing trend on our team?

The bigger the players contract, the less effective they are playing on our team.

Portis leaves and the running game instantly looks better. Haynesworth and Hall come back tonight and our defense gets the worst beating by the Giants in 50 years. Consistently this season we've stood a better chance when our "star" players are not on the field.

Meanwhile no names like Ganther and backups like Doughty and Golsten were playing consistant football and have kept us in games. This is the epitome of what was wrong with Vinny's method of building a team. Pay all your money for a few players who have no motivation or fear of losing their starting roles when its painfully obvious there are others on the team who want it more and can do their job much more effectively for a tenth of the money.

He sits out almost half of every game, mostly at crucial goal line situations. and I honestly haven't seen nearly enough of a difference between him and the other defensive linemen on our team to account for the discrepancy between his paycheck and everyone elses.

Has he been the best defensive player of all time? In the NFL for this year? Because thats what were paying him to be. Theres more to getting a superstar performance then just paying superstar money. No one person is worth this much money. It should be used to get a bunch of hungry players looking to make names for themselves, not ones who are living off what theyve already done.

Eh, I think Haynesworth has been one of our best defensive players this year, if not the best.

He's been solid (for the limited time he's on the field), but (for me) his effort isn't in the same league as London Fletcher. Unfortunately for Fat Albert, unless, he has a really fantastic season he's never going to be able justify that bloated contract.

Excluding the cluster**** of tonight, our 3rd/4th and short D has been pretty darn good all year, and Haynesworth has played plenty. Just look at Orakpo and Andre Carter to see why Fat Albert is good.

Is he worth his contract? Probably not. But I think it's kinda overhyped. He's getting paid 44 mil with a crapload of incentives. Our team still has cap space, and every year we move contracts around to make more room if we need it. We've never not signed someone we wanted. I don't worry about Albert's huge contract, if we need to move it around we'll just extend him until 2030 or something.

Doughty and Golston really, really struggled tonight.

Might have been the single worst performance I've ever seen from Rocky in his career as well. It was making me sad in the 1st quarter watching him constantly miss plays.

Not really buying it dude.

Sorry, but the whole defense looked bad! I also blame Blache! Why the hell wasn't he sending the house against the Giants after it was like 31-6 or whatever? He should have put some serious heat on Eli, instead he sits back and gives cushion like he always does! Ridiculous!

Archived