Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3D Home Theatre Question

Soup

I was wondering if anyone knew any links or advise I could use about 3D viewing. I was blown away by the Avatar movie in 3d and I'm currently reworking my game room into a small theatre at home. I want to be able to have that type of viewing at home if possible. Do I need to do anything special or buy anything extra??

I wouldn't invest heavily in 3D tech quite yet. What I might do if I were you is go out and get a nice HDMI receiver (preferably 7.1/7.2 surround sound, Dolby TrueHD, and HDMI 1.4 support) and some solid speakers. Don't break the bank on a television set or projector quite yet, get something affordable that you could easily place elsewhere in your house when it's time to upgrade. Give it three to five years, see where the technology is, and then go for the screen with 3D support.

If you wanna go with a media PC, nVidia's got a 3d system going, though I only know of it working with video games.

Honestly, though, I would wait it out and see what becomes the standard for 3d. There are many ways to achieve 3d and I think you wanna ensure what you want will be in 3d.

Archived