Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If NE cuts A. Thomas, should we go after him?

jaespinoza2000

The talk around Boston is that Adalius Thomas will be cut after this season. If so, do we try to go after him to help out our LB situation? Maybe move Orakpo back to DE. I know his production has decreased since his days with the Ravens and he plays in a 3-4 but if signed to a smallish contract we could find ourselves a decent LB, and if not....cut his ass..

thoughts?

Stay away. He got sent home by Belicheck for being late to a meeting, and was a healthy scratch in the Carolina game. All the talk on Boston sports talk radio is he's a dog and a total bust. We need to stay away from these types.

Hail!

I agree. I have read some of the messages on PFT about Thomas and they say that this benching was long overdue. He was looking bad before him being late, so it sounds like he is a malcontent on a team that was supposed to be considered a "championship" caliber team. We aren't even close to the Patriots when it comes that, so I would vote no! However as was posted earlier, I guess that is up to Bruce Allen.

he is one of the better cover LBs out there and can stay with the te and even some backs. If he is willing to come here, i would lap him like a biscuit in gravy.

He will also be 33 going into next season. If you were talking 5 years ago, then I would be right with you. But obviously he's not, so NO THANKS.

I second this notion also we need to stop chasing older players we need to find a younger SAM than Thomas.

Yea the Orakpo LB experiment has been successful enough that, while we need to add depth there, it's not nearly enough of a hole that we need to sign another past-his-prime 30+ guy. Vinny's gone, remember? :D

I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd or 4th spent on a SAM though, but remember we have Blades too. He's a solid backup at any LB position.

The talk around Boston is that Adalius Thomas will be cut after this season. If so, do we try to go after him to help out our LB situation? Maybe move Orakpo back to DE. I know his production has decreased since his days with the Ravens and he plays in a 3-4 but if signed to a smallish contract we could find ourselves a decent LB, and if not....cut his ass..

thoughts?

Vet min + , LOL why not.

I'm all for going younger but it takes some time to get those guys NFL ready.

BTW, BB sending players home is garbage, he needs to get the hell over himself.

This would be a complete Cerrato move. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot stick. If Belichick and Robert Kraft can't get anything out of him, you think anyone here can?

Agreed absolutely about it being a Vinny type of move. It will nice to see the type of players that Allen will be looking to acquire. I may be wrong, but I don't think he signed guys who were past their prime while he was in TB.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd or 4th spent on a SAM though, but remember we have Blades too. He's a solid backup at any LB position.

This is my stance. I would absolutely love for us to spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on A.J. Edds from Iowa. He's a pure SAM and a good leader/character type who I think could start by late September.

Archived