Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just bet my wife Ramsey would outplay Harrington...

Golgo-13

My wife is from Detroit and is a Lions fan. She is a closet 'skins fan but likes to take her pot shots at the 'skins to feel cool. She was saying all sorts of stuff about Ramsey after watching tonights new piece about him having an off day at camp. So I decided to make her put her money where her mouth is. We just bet on who would have a better season, Ramsey or Harrington. The criteria for our bet is very simple. We take total TD passes and subtract interceptions from that total. The QB with the highest raw score is the winner, simple as that. Season-ending injury moots the bet. The bet is that if she wins, she gets an entire new outfit from J Crew :yikes: . If I win, then I get a whopping FIVE new video games :thumbsup: :jump: !! My only concern is that Spurrier has the quick hook and that would suck to lose the bet because we are playing Rob Johnson. But I am hoping that our explosive offense will make up for it since the Lions don't have much going for them on that side of the ball. What do you guys think about this one? I think my chances are good, what do you think?

I disagree. This may be closer than you think, Harrington will be playing in the WCO which is a safer offense to play in than the FnG, We may score more points and have more yards with Ramsey but Harrington's QB rating may be higher and he may have less INT's

Originally posted by Oldskool

I disagree. This may be closer than you think, Harrington will be playing in the WCO which is a safer offense to play in than the FnG, We may score more points and have more yards with Ramsey but Harrington's QB rating may be higher and he may have less INT's

Less INT's is an issue but QB rating is meaningless, with regards to this bet at least.

g-

what's a lion's fan doing taking pot shots at the skins? other teams can get on us about our record (as long as they've had a better one) or about our front office overspending, but the lions? they've been just a bit more competitive than arizona that last few years, and their FO is a mess.

but then again, i think you're playing this smart. let her think she may be right, drive up the bet, and presto-chango you've won yourself some games. personally, i would have driven home every single minor flaw in the lions' organization. but i wouldn't have video games. when someone rags on the skins, i just don't think rationally.

This was a pretty stupid bet. Even if both of these sophomore QBs hit the sophomore wall and stink, Ramsey will still be better merely because he has FAR more weapons than Harrington has at his disposal. Running backs for both teams are eh...Harrington has the better Offensive Line ( I think he was only sacked like 7 times all of last season!) but the Skins Recievers blow his away.

Originally posted by ChrisFul

Harrington has the better Offensive Line ( I think he was only sacked like 7 times all of last season!) but the Skins Recievers blow his away.

last year, i'll agree with you. this year, i say we have the line battle won.

Originally posted by dchogs

last year, i'll agree with you. this year, i say we have the line battle won.

Uh. More skin homerism. You sign some free agents, and you think you are all-world at the position?

The Lions only gave up SEVEN SACKS. COUNT THEM. SEVEN SACKS. To my knowledge (im not sure but im assuming) they didnt lose ANYONE off that offensive line. Im sorry, but there's no way the skins have a better OL. Maybe the skins have a good OL, but can they compete with a unit that only allowed their QB to be hit 7 times? I doubt it.

If you wanted to throw passer rating into the mix, this would help: http://www.football.com/cgi-bin/qbpassrating/index.shtml

You can see who had a better passer rating each week and take the average at the end of the year. It works on comp. to att., yards, int's, td's. I think this is a true indicator of who performs better.

Just taking int's and td's into account I don't think will actually tell you who performed better. I know it is a bet between you and your wife but if you really want to know who performed better, this is one way.

Or just keep this to yourself and if you lose, see if Ramsey's rating is higher during the year and you can use this to make excuses about losing. :laugh:

Chrisful. Harrington had eight sacks last year, but more importantly, their line gave up 20. I still consider that pretty damn good considering the team's record, but lets not give them more credit than they deserve.

By the way, the Skins gave up 38. Let's hope that number drops.

Originally posted by Golgo-13

My wife is from Detroit and is a Lions fan. She is a closet 'skins fan but likes to take her pot shots at the 'skins to feel cool. She was saying all sorts of stuff about Ramsey after watching tonights new piece about him having an off day at camp. So I decided to make her put her money where her mouth is. We just bet on who would have a better season, Ramsey or Harrington. The criteria for our bet is very simple. We take total TD passes and subtract interceptions from that total. The QB with the highest raw score is the winner, simple as that. Season-ending injury moots the bet. The bet is that if she wins, she gets an entire new outfit from J Crew :yikes: . If I win, then I get a whopping FIVE new video games :thumbsup: :jump: !! My only concern is that Spurrier has the quick hook and that would suck to lose the bet because we are playing Rob Johnson. But I am hoping that our explosive offense will make up for it since the Lions don't have much going for them on that side of the ball. What do you guys think about this one? I think my chances are good, what do you think?

Golgo-13

I have the same bet with a buddy of mine at work. He is a Cowboys fan :puke: He is banking on the fact that Spurrier will pull Ramsey some time during the year. Our bet is the same as yours yards,td's and int's. He said he would concede that ramsey will have more yards, but have more int's and less td's. He says he knows Spurrier like the back of his hand , and he WILL pull him after the first int. :rolleyes: I say he's dreaming!

I tried to make a bet with a co-worker who is a Bronco fan that Ramsey would outplay Plummer this year but he wouldn't take it. He was, however, glad to get rid of Greise and he thinks the Broncos will be good with Plummer.

I guess he hasn't seen Plummer play very much. :)

Archived