Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tough Road Next Year For Skins, Can They Improve and Thrive?

loren

If Jim Zorn is coach:

Home:

Chicago Bears- Win

Minnesota Vikings - Loss

Houston Texans - Loss

Indianapolis Colts - Blowout Loss

NFC South - 4th place team - Win

Cowboys- Win

Giants- Loss

Eagles- Loss

AWay:

Green Bay Packers- Loss

Detroit Lions - Loss

Jacksonville Jaguars- Loss

Tennessee Titans- Loss

Cowboys- Loss

Eagles- Loss

Giants- Loss

NFC West- 4th place team- win

At the moment I would say 4-12 if Zorn comes back. Actually, he would be fire long before that.

Encouraged by a win against a 4 win team?

Half our wins came against teams who lost their starting QB to injury druing the game.

The combined records of the 4 teams we beat is 14-38 currently. Without the Broncos, the 3 other wins came against teams who are currently 6-33.

Redskins are 5-11 over the last 16 games. 6-15 over the last 21.

This win means nothing other than costing the team valuable draft position.

Encouraged by a win against a 4 win team?

Half our wins came against teams who lost their starting QB to injury druing the game.

The combined records of the 4 teams we beat is 14-38 currently. Without the Broncos, the 3 other wins came against teams who are currently 6-33.

Redskins are 5-11 over the last 16 games. 6-15 over the last 21.

This win means nothing other than costing the team valuable draft position.

You must hate it when the Skins score, eh?

You must hate it when the Skins score, eh?

Once we are eliminated mathematically from the playoffs, I absolutely prefer for them to lose, even intentionally losing it. That would actually be better.

The 2009 season is over. Has been for a few weeks. The only goal right now should be putting together a team that can compete for the Super Bowl next year. Winning now has the opposite effect.

With nearly 9 months between now and the next meaningful regular season game, a new coaching staff, free agency, draft, mini camps, training cam and preseason, no one is going to be thinking about any wins that took place in 2009 next year. It will be a season everyone will try and repress all memories that were created.

Once we are eliminated mathematically from the playoffs, I absolutely prefer for them to lose, even intentionally losing it. That would actually be better.

The 2009 season is over. Has been for a few weeks. The only goal right now should be putting together a team that can compete for the Super Bowl next year. Winning now has the opposite effect.

With nearly 9 months between now and the next meaningful regular season game, a new coaching staff, free agency, draft, mini camps, training cam and preseason, no one is going to be thinking about any wins that took place in 2009 next year. It will be a season everyone will try and repress all memories that were created.

Well, there have been so many whiffs in the top 10 picks, I'd rather win a few, find out who we keep, who we're going to let go, and make the fans happy.

Because, SoCal, try to remember: Wins = Happy Fans.

;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^

He might be negative, but what he just said is nothing but the truth. This team is certainly coming together the last few weeks, but this is because of the change in play calling, along with the injuries to the so called "veterans". Do we not remember what was happening just a few short weeks ago? Zorn is as good as gone, and it won't matter what happens the next 3 games. I haven't forgotten what we looked like earlier this season, and I'm pretty sure that no one in management has forgotten was well.

Now, the question becomes, what happens after Jan. 3rd? Once Snyder fires Zorn, what does he do with Sherm Lewis? What happens to Greg Blache and the rest of our defensive coaches? I'm more interested in what happens to S. Lewis than Zorn, because I feel like the REAL Jim Zorn is what we saw when we lost to the Lions, Chiefs and Panthers and won by 2 at home to the Rams.

Archived