Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shawn Rogers....

Golgo-13

I remember around draft time some of us were throwing around the idea of trading our pick or Smoot away for Shaun Rogers. I'm just wondering what you guys would be willing to give up for him now that we are over a barrell with regards to the dline? Next year's first rounder? Thoughts?

let's not forget the reason Rogers was available is because he is 330 pounds and has a foot that has undergone major surgery with pins inserted to provide stability :(

weight problems that can compound existing health problems?

I don't think we need to go in this direction do you?

Next year's #1 pick? :)

You have to be kidding. Even if the Skins make the playoffs we are still looking at a pick around #20.

That is the HEALTHY DE or DT we need for the next 5-7 years :D

a #2 pick for us next year is a projected starter and hopefully a healthy one at that :)

Rogers hasn't been a very consistent performer in the NFL, mixing in 50% good with 50% bad.

you combine that inconsistency (which reminds me of Wilkinson) and those health issues (why did we not resign Gardener? :) ) and I come up with a 'pass' on this one.

Read my lips Bulldog. :nana:

Just this morning I told you the Redskins FO was comtemplating trading for Grady Jackson or Shaun Rogers. And lo and behold in the evening Washington Post....... sure enough we see that Grady Jackson and Shawn Rogers are mentioned as trade possibilities.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A5105-2003Jul30.html

I told you guys that I got the inside scoop and Bulldog is over the hill. :rotflmao:

And I also see where BallCoachSpurrier was out walking Bulldog in the neighborhood and he didn't pick up after him! Damn! :doh:

>>> :pooh: :pooh: :pooh: :pooh: :pooh:

Originally posted by RTerps2002

I would give them a 3rd rounder for Rodgers

I agree. A first or a second would piss me off. A third would be tempting. I don't think Detroit would do it though, unless they knew something we didn't. The safe route may be to resist the temptation.

Question: What happened with Santana Dotson? Why not re-sign him for another cheap 1 year contract?

Archived