Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

980: J.Thompson show - Vinnie, BDW, and B.Owens

All In

Imagine if we were offered to be at work 80% of the time, and if so we got a bonus of 75% of our base salary on top of our current pay? Yea, I'd turn that down too. That means we could only take about 50 days off that didn't include holidays, vacation and sick pay. Screw that deal.

it's funny when players say matter of factly when OTHERS get cut that it is a business, but when THEY get cut then it is personal :)

Wilkinson is a poor businessman, at least later in his career. He isn't going to get more than $1 million from anyone else for 2003.

He refused to compromise not because of the money but because of ego and pride.

One thing, though. I won't be shedding any tears for him because he made a mint off the Skins in PAST years when he was being paid top 10 money but was never a pro bowl selection.

Rule #1 in the NFL: Don't sign or trade for Cincy players, they are like an albatross around the neck :laugh: :cool:

Yomar,

It's true. If it wasn't true, BDW would have said so. But he didn't identify the numbers at all. He just said the deal was changing. Well, that's the point of negotiations. Cerrato couldn't come out with those numbers AND say that Big Daddy can take them when he wants them if they aren't the numbers without getting immediately and forcefully contradicted if untrue.

it doesn't matter if the numbers were changing over the course of several days, the man is going to sit down and sign ONE contract with one set of terms and conditions :)

that contract will have the FINAL incentive requirements, etc......

in my mind this issue of 'looking at what has gone on in DC the past 5 or 6 years' is a red herring by Wilkinson to shift the blame onto the front offiice for his own vulnerability caused by a poor 2002 season in which he came into camp 40 pounds overweight :)

I would also remind everyone that Wilkinson didn't always think like this. In fact he was one of the big frontrunners in 2000, having his picture taken outside of Olives Restaurant with a big fat cigar in his mouth after the team signed Bruce Smith and there was talk of a Super Bowl.

Seems he got caught up in the hoopla as much as anyone.

And if anyone wants to talk about being disappointed in the results achieved with the Skins, I don't see how it can be Wilkinson.

The guy hasn't exactly had a Bruce Smith career for the money he has been paid.

Maybe ole BDW has forgotten all those years of making top money here.

He makes it seem as if the team screwed HIM :laugh:

Let him tell me that while I buy my $8 hot dog to watch the opener :mad:

The tough part is that the information needed to understand what really has been going on behind the scenes is stuff we will never be prevy too. In the end though, the orginazation will always make itself look good regardless of what happens. To the public, the player pulled the bone-headed move. In Park City, I have 5 former NFL players who would tell you otherwise.

This is the downside of Free Agency. I know for a fact alot of the players would rather stick around or be on one team but the business dictates otherwise.

Archived