Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense? Offense?

Ynot

Here is the Question, would you rather have the 4th ranked defense or would you rather have a defense that is agressive and creates turnovers and field position.

How can you have the 4th Ranked defense and have so few turnovers. It has to be the scheme. we have visited this over the last few years. we do not get turnovers. We do not win the Field position battle.

I say we bump and run and blitz. The offense needs as short as a field as possible.

Teach Landry to Tackle or trade him.

Next I would trade Randle El, Santana Moss (love him) He dropped a couple agaisnt atlanta but we need value. Teams headed to the playoff may need help. Let the Three young Receivers get involved. Marko, Devin, Kelly. Fred Davis getting his time. Load up on Picks as we are going to be picking high up in the draft. Pick Lineman on both sides of the ball, Get immediate help in free agency on the O line and High Draft.

I agree that is why we need to force the issue on defense. We do not have great blitz packages like other teams in the league. We rarely play bump and run on the receivers to give us even more time to get to the quaterback. We ahve great Linebackers to blitz with.

Sometimes you have to force the issues I would rather be 10th in Defense and have scored a few touchdowns on fumbles and interceptions and win the field position game!

I thought good defenses win football games. It used to be that way at least. Turnovers and time of possession will win you 80% of the games. Our defense fails at both of those stats more often than not.

We could have the most dominant defense in the league, yet we have the most passive instead. Watch what opposing teams do to us. Look around the league. We run the most vanilla scheme, and it works when you have a mistake free perfect offense.

Its too late now to unleash the D to save the season. I hope Blache keeps running his predictable passive scheme and we get burned. Thats the only way to get him canned for next year.

Nice job though on his rally cry for Dan, great for job security. How can dan can him now?

Archived