Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you rather have a team that is in touch with the media or not?

Springfield

By media, I mean more specifically the blogosphere.

Mainstream media doesn't quite get what we are going through. They post articles that often site blogs and opinions of more local (hardcore) fans regarding the trials and tribulations they face. In effect, they are reporting what we are saying. You can add ES, facebook, twitter and other (less mainstream sources) as part of the media for my argument. In the internet age, we have much more of a voice than we ever have. A widespread mailing campaign to show our displeasure to our owner wouldn't have been possible with out it.

We, as media members, have been complicit with many of Snyder's blunders. Many of us were excited with the addition of Jason Taylor. Many of us defended (and still do) the acquisition Albert Hanynesworth. Bringing Joe Gibbs back, we were all smiles (and why not?). Over the years, you could come to ES and find a multitude of agreeing opinions for Snyder's moves. Certainly some dissent, but mostly agreement.

It isn't until recently that the majority of ES members became anti-Snyder.

Now, I'd make the argument that the team is very in touch with the media. They are certainly in touch with what we are saying here, what the local papers are saying, what John Riggins says, what Brian Mitchell says. If they weren't I don't think you'd have numerous coaches and players speaking out against the negativity this week.

I think that the FO knows exactly what the mood is here. I think they follow every story that is both pro and anti Redskins. They know what people think we should do with our team. They know that we think Cerrato needs to go and Snyder needs to take a step back and let somebody else run the whole damn thing.

I think that Snyder hears about this. Snyder is quite aware of what the masses think. Everybody else on the team does too.

I don't think that this team should be as involved with the media as it currently is. I think the coaches should address the problems on the field, publicly if possible, and tune the media pundits out (yes, us). The players should definitely not address the media regarding negative opinions that are spewed from us. The players should tune us out and worry about football.

As for the FO, address us. Not some sorry apology and how you feel bad about the team. Tell us how you are going to try and improve the team and how you will make this team better for the future. Vague references would be acceptable, apologies are not.

That is how I think the Redskins relationship with the media (moreso the local fans) should be.

What do you think? Should they move and react with our every whim as they seem to be doing now? Should they tune us out and just worry about football?

Public relations is an expected part of any large business. This is just one more things the Redskins manage to screw up. The ticket office is a mess. The team is a mess. The front office is a mess. The stadium is a mess. Public relations are a nightmare.

The only parts of the Redskins that isn't mismanaged is the website and this forum.

Public relations is an expected part of any large business. This is just one more things the Redskins manage to screw up. The ticket office is a mess. The team is a mess. The front office is a mess. The stadium is a mess. Public relations are a nightmare.

Yeah, public relations is expected. Does this business need to have it's low level employees coming out to defend the CEO? Does this business need these low level employees coming out defending the CEO when another business from a different industry insults it?

The only parts of the Redskins that isn't mismanaged is the website and this forum.

That's a nice compliment and the staff appreciates it. The truth is, though, there are plenty of things that are ****ed up, and those things are absolutely beyond your power to fix, and the ones in power to fix these things do nothing, and it pisses us off.

So add that to the list in the above paragraph. When you consider the stuff that you know is ****ed up, and you wonder about the stuff you don't have any inside knowledge about, it's easy to conclude that stuff is probably ****ed up too.

Main stream media prints whatever will get hits, ratings, etc..

facts are optional

That is true and I tried to pinpoint that in my post.

I'm talking more about us (ES, facebook, twitter). We don't always (don't usually) make mainstream media. Should they really care what we think?

It didn't really matter when we were praising the Jason Taylor acquisition. It didn't really matter when we brought in Adam Archuletta. We were both wrong.

Archived