Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MFB: Barney Frank present during partners drug bust at his home

ljs

This happened in 2007, but I guess just now coming to light. I laughed. I am not a huge anti pot person, laughed because Barneys response just seems stupid. I've actually always thought he looked stoned. Which made me wonder, do we drug test Congressmen? and I didn't realize how much of a proponent he is of legalizing pot (which I couldn't care less if they do).

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/barney-frank-present-during-marijuana-bust

BOSTON (FOX25, myfoxboston) - FOX25 has learned that Congressman Barney Frank was present during a marijuana arrest at James Ready's home in Ogunquit, Maine. Ready is well-known for his relationship with Congressman Frank.

According to a police report, police charged Ready with marijuana possession, cultivation and use of drug paraphernalia in August of 2007. Ready admitted to civil possession and paid a fine. The remaining charges were dismissed in 2008.

Sources tell FOX25 that when Frank was questioned he told police that he did not live in the house and that he only smoked cigars.

Congressman Frank tells FOX25 that he was surprised and disappointed with what police found. He also tells us that he wouldn't recognize a marijuana plant if he saw one because he is, "not a great outdoorsman," and ,"wouldn't recognize most plants."

there is also a link to the audio of his full response.

and of course the Fox News story

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/06/barney-frank-present-partner-arrested-pot/?test=latestnews

Rep. Barney Frank admitted Friday that he was sitting on the porch of his partner’s Maine home when police came to arrest his partner for marijuana possession.

Frank, responding to new reports that he was present during the Aug. 2007 arrest of James Ready, said in a statement he was unaware Ready had marijuana plants.

According to a police report obtained by MyFoxBoston, Maine police arrested and charged James Ready with marijuana possession, cultivation and use of drug paraphernalia. He pleaded guilty to civil possession and paid a fine. The remaining charges were dismissed last year.

Frank was not charged.

Frank is the author of a medical marijuana bill that would outlaw the prosecution of persons who use marijuana for medicinal purposes.

Are we supposed to pass judgment on him or something? I support his marijuana legislative efforts, and most of us (with any reason) don't care if his partner was in possession. That is why you see a distinct lack of negative responses to this thread.

Are we supposed to pass judgment on him or something? I support his marijuana legislative efforts, and most of us (with any reason) don't care if his partner was in possession. That is why you see a distinct lack of negative responses to this thread.

Hey we agree on something.

You guys probably wont believe I'm going to say this, but do you know why I kind of respect Frank a bit? (despite his being on the wrong side of almost everything, especially economic)

I respect him for his courage in being an openly gay congressman. I think that takes serious wherewithal and balls.

Archived