Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quinton Ganther Nuggets

RedskinsSuperBowl21

Doesnt matter. Top end speed doesnt matter that much for RB, its the acceleration and cuts. Clearly this guy doesnt have it. Worthless signing. Shuda kept AA

Your right. Its much better to make 3 quick cuts, accelerate past the LB's and sprint to the endzone.... only to realize that you fumbled at the line of scrimmage.

Sounds like a NO yardage back. Barely made the squad after 3 years. Reminds of the guy who used to play for the Skins....somebody....Mason.

Look at his competition in tenn. I like signing anyone who lists blocking as a positive on thier scouting report. He seems like a strong player, a younger sellers perhaps?Remember in 05 when he was trucking safetys over the middle? I cant wait for plays like that again.

Look at his competition in tenn. I like signing anyone who lists blocking as a positive on thier scouting report. He seems like a strong player, a younger sellers perhaps?Remember in 05 when he was trucking safetys over the middle? I cant wait for plays like that again.
The guy cannot get on the field for perhaps the worst team in football. I hope he is good, but this whole thing seems bizarre. I bet he is gone within 6 weeks. Any takers?

The guy cannot get on the field for perhaps the worst team in football. I hope he is good, but this whole thing seems bizarre. I bet he is gone within 6 weeks. Any takers?

Not the worst team. One of the best in terms of RB depth. You've got Chris Johnson who is a stud, Lendale White who is in a contract year and trying to get paid, and Javon Ringer who can be used on special teams and as a 3rd down back. How do you expect him to get on the field?

Not the worst team. One of the best in terms of RB depth. You've got Chris Johnson who is a stud, Lendale White who is in a contract year and trying to get paid, and Javon Ringer who can be used on special teams and as a 3rd down back. How do you expect him to get on the field?
By earning a spot. I know Tennessee has a good ground game. That does not mean one of their castoffs can automatically start somewhere else. Tell me which is a more likely scenario, that he comes in and plays (in front of Sellers, Cartwright and Betts) or that he is gone in 6 weeks. He is #53 in the roster, 6 weeks may be optimistic.

If Mason is so good why has he been cut multiple times by multiple teams.

There are some players who became great who were undrafted and/or cut several times.

Mason wasn't given a chance to succeed here because CP is "the man" around here, and even if Mason had gotten regular carries, the OL is crap so he wouldn't have looked very good.

I don't understand getting rid of Marcus Mason for this guy. If Ganther is so good then why was he unemployed?

you can make the same argument for Mason and Alridge, why were they unemployed?. Whats it matter if he was unemployed. I haven't even looked at any footage of Ganther but at this point I will take any change I can get.

Maybe they are bringing him in to return punts??????

There are some players who became great who were undrafted and/or cut several times.

Mason wasn't given a chance to succeed here because CP is "the man" around here, and even if Mason had gotten regular carries, the OL is crap so he wouldn't have looked very good.

I really dont understand the love for mason around here. What has he done exactly? He had plenty of reps in the pre-season and yeah I know he led the league in pre-season yardage but thats like being the smartest kid in remedial English. Im not an NFL scout or anything but every time I see this guy play it reminds me of CP only with a lot less talent.

you can make the same argument for Mason and Alridge, why were they unemployed?. Whats it matter if he was unemployed. I haven't even looked at any footage of Ganther but at this point I will take any change I can get.

Maybe they are bringing him in to return punts??????

0 carries in 2007 & 9 touches in 2008...enjoy your view of the footage...

Sounds like a MJD or Ray Rice type....I'd love to have someone as fast as Rice and a pass catcher who's hard to bring down.

No offense, but that's a major jump to a conclusion. In stature, maybe, but the word "type" is being used very loosely. I would not compare Ganther to either of those backs at all.

He is also a Rock Cartwright type as mentioned earlier. That is probably a whole lot better comparison.

I wouldn't get to high on the guy because he is basically just like Rock C. He wasn't even the best back on the Utes roster.

This dude is nothing like Rock Cartwright. Rock is garbage and he faster then this guy. Based on the youtube video, he kind of reminds me of a TJ Duckett. Not sure of this guys measurements compared to TJ though....

I went to Utah for undergrad the same time Ganther played there. I should be happy a fellow Ute is playing for my favorite NFL team, but this is the 2009 Redskins. I actually feel sorry for him.

Having played for Urban Meyer at Utah and Jeff Fisher at Tenn., he'll probably realize within 2 or 3 days what a complete joke the entire Redskins coaching situation is. Anyways, the Utes are #18 so at least I have something to cheer for this season.

I really dont understand the love for mason around here. What has he done exactly? He had plenty of reps in the pre-season and yeah I know he led the league in pre-season yardage but thats like being the smartest kid in remedial English. Im not an NFL scout or anything but every time I see this guy play it reminds me of CP only with a lot less talent.

Not to mention that Mason just isn't a good blocker. To be an NFL running back, you have to be able to pick up blitzes. That keeps a lot of backs off of NFL rosters.

This guy has some power and speed and apparently plays special teams. (something Mason also wasn't that good at.) While I don't expect much from the pickup, it will be interesting to see what he has.

Archived