Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One thing I don't understand.(Carlos Rogers related)

blue collar

Is all the hate that Carlos Rogers get. I know, he can't catch, but it seems from reading many post that a lot of people don't think he's all that good. I don't think that could be further from the truth. Carlos is a good, young CB. THEY DO NOT GROW ON TREES!!! IMO, if Carlos could catch, he'd probably be a top 5 CB.

I'm just a little frustrated reading post after post implying that we don't need Carlos. Maybe Carlos just isn't a fan favorite. Like him or not, he's more valuable to the Skins than either Moss or Portis and do I dare say Cooley. We can get a better WR. We can get a better RB. Try going out and getting a better CB.

To all the people who don't think Carlos is all that good. Be careful what you wish for.

He's a much more reliable corner than D Hall. MUCH. Sucks he obviously doesn't want to be here. He'll get a fat contract from another team (my bet is New Orleans) and he'll be much happier there than he is here, for obvious reasons. Danny is screwing our team out of good players by making stupid mistakes and undervaluing personnel he already has. See: Antonio Pierce, Ryan Clark, etc

I'm with you on this. Carlos may not get a ton of INTs, but he is a very good corner. He does a very good job of shutting down the opposing teams' top WRs. He's also a much better tackler than DHall, we saw that last week. I really hope we re-sign Rogers, but I think I'm in the minority.

Because he doesn't get picks. And cornerbacks aren't flashy at all unless they're getting interceptions, so a lot of people don't pay attention to them until they get burned for a TD or big play. Even though that only happens to Rogers once in awhile, it gets magnified for him because he doesn't get picks.

That's really all it is. The stats have shown he's a really good cover corner, but you're not going to convince the people that still spell his last name "Rodgers."

carlos is great, he just has hands of stone and he has picks that literally hit him square in the chest that probably some of us could catch. he has to have the worst hands for a corner that i can remember seeing.

hes still a solid cornerback. although hes not as young as some would like to think. he'll be 29 at the start of next season, and who knows how many good years he has left with his surgically repaired knee. having him leave wont be the end of the world, but itll be a bummer.

having him leave wont be the end of the world, but itll be a bummer.

The biggest bummer with regards to Rogers leaving is that is yet ANOTHER area the team will need to fill with a solid starter before we every can dream of a winning season. Our holes right now are our entire offensive line, QB, RB, 2 linebackers, and now we add in corner to the mix too. I absolutely dread the thought of going into next season with Hall as our #1 corner. Our defense will get lit up.

The biggest bummer with regards to Rogers leaving is that is yet ANOTHER area the team will need to fill with a solid starter before we every can dream of a winning season. Our holes right now are our entire offensive line, QB, RB, 2 linebackers, and now we add in corner to the mix too. I absolutely dread the thought of going into next season with Hall as our #1 corner. Our defense will get lit up.

we can live without 1 corner on defense.

we need an entire new oline, new QB, and a new runningback. on top of a head coach.

if we have to struggle a little on defense because were missing 1 CB, so be it. better than having what we have now and having absolutely no offense.

Carlos Rogers singlehandedly lost us a playoff game by dropping an easy Int for a TD. He is an above average, but not good-great cover guy who can't catch. He gives a 10-15 yd cushion every play and still does not match up well against top tier CBs. If he had a set of hands, which he doesn't, he might be a top 15 CB.

Right now, however, he can't catch and is worse than no fewer than 30 CBs in this league.

Like him or not, he's more valuable to the Skins than either Moss or Portis and do I dare say Cooley.

Those three guys are Redskins franchise record holders. They are three of the best talents at their positions that the Skins have ever had. To say Carlos Rogers is more valuable than them is just crazy.

I'm not really sure where this idea that Rogers is some shutdown corner came from. He was horrible in his first two years, did reasonably well in 07 and 08, and hasn't done much so far this year except drop INTs and give up TDs. I would say he's an average CB, and nothing more.

carlos is great, he just has hands of stone and he has picks that literally hit him square in the chest that probably some of us could catch. he has to have the worst hands for a corner that i can remember seeing.

hes still a solid cornerback. although hes not as young as some would like to think. he'll be 29 at the start of next season, and who knows how many good years he has left with his surgically repaired knee. having him leave wont be the end of the world, but itll be a bummer.

I never thought about him being 29 next year...

Still though, I hope we resign him some way or another. Hes a very good corner but if he could catch, he would be at a whole other level.

Someone once made the comment though that there are 3 things that can happen when you throw the ball (complete, incomplete or INT) and two of them are bad. Well, Carlos pretty much narrows it down to 2.

thats why i dont understand the hate for hall. yeah the guy is not as good a tackler and isnt some shutdown corner, but if the QB makes a mistake, hall is going to make you pay.

carlos rogers never makes anybody pay. only one guy in the NFL has more picks than hall right now. so aside from his other issues, hes getting the turnovers for us that he was paid to get.

Those three guys are Redskins franchise record holders. They are three of the best talents at their positions that the Skins have ever had. To say Carlos Rogers is more valuable than them is just crazy.

I'm not really sure where this idea that Rogers is some shutdown corner came from. He was horrible in his first two years, did reasonably well in 07 and 08, and hasn't done much so far this year except drop INTs and give up TDs. I would say he's an average CB, and nothing more.

I don't care if they are record holders and please tell me what records Moss and Cooley hold, but right now, Carlos plays a harder position to replace.

Carlos Rogers singlehandedly lost us a playoff game by dropping an easy Int for a TD. He is an above average, but not good-great cover guy who can't catch. He gives a 10-15 yd cushion every play and still does not match up well against top tier CBs. If he had a set of hands, which he doesn't, he might be a top 15 CB.

Right now, however, he can't catch and is worse than no fewer than 30 CBs in this league.

Care to name them? Carlos isn't top 5, but I'd say he's top 15.

I love Rogers. If he holds on to those balls he drops he's right up there with the best in the league.

I'll take his stone hands and the fact that he rarely gets beat (for being in man all the time).

I'd much rather keep him than Hall.

im pretty sure rogers has given up more TDs this year than hall. aside from the missed tackle on a guy who wasnt his man (at least i think) in the giants game, hall has yet to give up a TD.

rogers gave up the TD and got pwned on the double move by antonio bryant.

rogers gave up the TD to bryant johnson in the lions game (if i remember correctly)

weve given up 5 passing TDs this season, which is next to nothing. im not sure hall has given up any of them. the only one i cant remember who was covering was the rams TD.

hall is not this terrible corner that so many peg him to be. hes just a loud mouth guy who makes a lot of money and it seems people hate him for that and think his play is synonymous with his mouth. not the case.

thats why i dont understand the hate for hall. yeah the guy is not as good a tackler and isnt some shutdown corner, but if the QB makes a mistake, hall is going to make you pay.

carlos rogers never makes anybody pay. only one guy in the NFL has more picks than hall right now. so aside from his other issues, hes getting the turnovers for us that he was paid to get.

I think Hall and Rogers are on the same level. Rogers is more physical and is 100 times better at tackling, but Hall is a ball hawk and can make game-changing plays.

I don't care if they are record holders and please tell me what records Moss and Cooley hold, but right now, Carlos plays a harder position to replace.

Moss holds the Redskins record for receiving yards in a season. Cooley holds the Redskins TE record for receptions in a season, and I think yards too. Cooley will likely be considered the best TE the Skins have ever had by the end of his career.

I agree that CB is a hard position to replace if you have a really good one, I just don't think Carlos is so good that he's irreplaceable.

Care to name them? Carlos isn't top 5, but I'd say he's top 15.

asomugha

bailey

revis

samuel

woodson

griffin

rodgers-cromartie

tillman

clements

robinson

those are guys right off the top of my head that. and id take hall over rogers as well. rogers is still a solid cornerback and itll be sad to see him go, but hes not a monster corner. he has no big play ability, and hes not a shutdown guy. his strongest suit is his tackling.

I think Hall and Rogers are on the same level. Rogers is more physical and is 100 times better at tackling, but Hall is a ball hawk and can make game-changing plays.

Moss holds the Redskins record for receiving yards in a season. Cooley holds the Redskins TE record for receptions in a season, and I think yards too. Cooley will likely be considered the best TE the Skins have ever had by the end of his career.

I was thinking more of "all time" records. I agree that Cooley will definitely be the best TE the Skins ever had.

asomugha

bailey

revis

samuel

woodson

griffin

rodgers-cromartie

tillman

clements

robinson

those are guys right off the top of my head that. and id take hall over rogers as well. rogers is still a solid cornerback and itll be sad to see him go, but hes not a monster corner. he has no big play ability, and hes not a shutdown guy. his strongest suit is his tackling.

You'd take Hall over Rogers? I dunno about that. Hall gets burnt too much for my liking and can't tackle. Yeah he can make big plays, but he can also allow big plays. Plus, I think 2 of his 3 INTs this year have come off of tipped passes. So its not like he is jumping routes and making plays.

I agree with the guys you have listed so far, but that still isn't 30. Like I said, I see Carlos as a top 15 corner in the league. He might not make the big play, but he doesn't give up many either.

right, and guys like that IMO are more important. without hall our offense would probably be ranked dead last.

halls 3 INTs have accounted for scores in all three instances. 2 FGs and a TD. thats 13 points hall has created for our offense. id say that pretty valuable.

and imagine if our offense was actually good and could force teams to throw more than they do now? hall would probably have a field day.

You'd take Hall over Rogers? I dunno about that. Hall gets burnt too much for my liking and can't tackle. Yeah he can make big plays, but he can also allow big plays. Plus, I think 2 of his 3 INTs this year have come off of tipped passes. So its not like he is jumping routes and making plays.

I agree with the guys you have listed so far, but that still isn't 30. Like I said, I see Carlos as a top 15 corner in the league. He might not make the big play, but he doesn't give up many either.

those are just guys ive seen make big plays and be considered good corners. i highly doubt carlos rogers name comes up in a casual setting when talking about good cornerbacks, he gets a lot of praise around here because hes solid but i dont think hes anything special. especially considering hes a top 10 draft pick, he definitely didnt live up to that status.

but i dont agree with the other guy, hes in the top 30. but thats not saying a ton is it?

and yes id take hall. hes faster, has better ball skills, and creates turnovers. and lets be honest, hes not getting torched like people claim he is. i already pointed out hes given up i think 0 TDs this season, and rogers has given up 2.

those are just guys ive seen make big plays and be considered good corners. i highly doubt carlos rogers name comes up in a casual setting when talking about good cornerbacks, he gets a lot of praise around here because hes solid but i dont think hes anything special. especially considering hes a top 10 draft pick, he definitely didnt live up to that status.

but i dont agree with the other guy, hes in the top 30. but thats not saying a ton is it?

and yes id take hall. hes faster, has better ball skills, and creates turnovers. and lets be honest, hes not getting torched like people claim he is. i already pointed out hes given up i think 0 TDs this season, and rogers has given up 2.

So you guys only believe Carlos is a top 30 CB?

Archived