Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Billick chat on NFL.com today...

PosseLover

I looked in on this chat earlier today. I tried having my question answered, but the chat ended before it was. I asked him if Dan Snyder came calling would he take the job.

Well, another person did ask this question...sorry Mods all, I have is what, I copied.

BB's, comment sounded like he would accept the job IF asked.

"Darren, Louisville, KY 06:52 PM ET"

What to you think the Redskins need to do to get the offense going.

Brian Billick, NFL Network

The Redskins have all the elements to be a power offense. Clinton Portis is one of the best backs in the league. Santana Moss is one of the most explosive players in the league. Chris Cooley is a great intermediate TE target. Jason Campbell has played solid, if not spectacular. But I think the biggest issue we're dealing with is the consistency of their offensive line. Certainly losing Chris Samuels to injury will not help.

i agree with him. look at the 6-2 skins of last season. the line was dominate. portis getting all kinds of yards, moss was having big games, jc considered a mvp at mid season and the skins dominating time of possession. then it all broke down. they neglected the line in the offseason and her we are now. just my .02

It sure appears he is putting his name in the hat. And if that is so, the the schemes would definitely change. It would very interesting on how many changes would occur and how quick. Regardless of what happens I will support who ever is running things (coaching staff), and players.

I have been telling people he has been interviewing for the job for several weeks since he keeps ending up calling our games. All of the former coaches in the job market are going to talk nice since they want some of Dan's money.

I think it is implied in his statement(s). For all the coaches not actively with a team and willing to get back into a HC position, they make suttle statements to catch the attention of owners or GMs. I guess you can say they are auditioning for a job.

Play Collins so we can really find out who is at fault. Jason or Zorn. If Collins fails to produce points, then it's Zorn. If he does. It's was Jason. Simple deduction. This is not rocket science. We are 4-9 our last 13 games -- certainly on a road to firing.

Play Collins so we can really find out who is at fault. Jason or Zorn. If Collins fails to produce points, then it's Zorn. If he does. It's was Jason. Simple deduction. This is not rocket science. We are 4-9 our last 13 games -- certainly on a road to firing.

To be honest, idea of putting TC in would be option to check where there is a break in that situation. However, in my humble opinion the state of the OL is in disarray and TC lack of mobility just would not benefit the outcome of the game. I feel no matter whomever is back there will have some issues moving the ball. I say run the “car” (JC) until the wheels fall off. Maybe the car will get us there, or maybe not. At least we know once the wheels fall off, we have the “hooptie” (TC) in the garage to finish of the season. I think we need to really address the OL issue first and foremost, tweak the system (this version of the WCO) to the strengths of the team in order to get things going in the right direction this season. We then need to worry about addressing our needs then in the off season.

I want Billick as our Head coach over any other candidates. He is very intelligent, and realizes that the only problem on this team is the O-line. Look at the Dolphins. Parcells built that O-line and now you can plug in X or Y qb into their system and they will play wll enough to win. Jason Campbell is an above average QB, and with a line he could be great. Same with Portis.

Billick was great with the Ravens, but he had Boller as his QB??!!???

I want him as our HC, I don't care what anyone says.

WTF!?!

:insane:

Edit: This from the man who thought Boller was the second coming...

Considering the performance of the OL; offensive scheme/play calling; and execution, I actually think JC has solid stats...with marginal performances, but I don't think he played spectacular.

Considering the performance of the OL; offensive scheme/play calling; and execution, I actually think JC has solid stats...with marginal performances, but I don't think he played spectacular.

I will agree that he has solid stats, but solid stats do not mean that he has played solidly, or even anywhere near consistently. Stats can be misleading, and in Jason's case they are.

Any-hoo, I was just blown away that Billick was able to even write that, let alone that he might mean it. Spectacular. :doh:

I totally agree with this, infact we don't even have to 1st and 2nd string, put them both in for differen't plays. Give Campbell a break here and there and change the pace.

The Redskins have all the elements to be a power offense. Clinton Portis is one of the best backs in the league. Santana Moss is one of the most explosive players in the league. Chris Cooley is a great intermediate TE target. Jason Campbell has played solid, if not spectacular. But I think the biggest issue we're dealing with is the consistency of their offensive line. Certainly losing Chris Samuels to injury will not help.

I disagree on so many levels. Portis is not one of the best backs in the league... not anymore. I think he's good, but I could name over 10 backs I'd rather have. Moss IS one of the most explosive players in the league. He can also be one of the most invisible. Unfortunately, he's more invisible than he is explosive. Cooley is a great intermediate target but leaves a lot to be desired in blocking. Campbell, spectacular? I would say that Campbell is solid and that's it. You know what you're getting and not much else. Oline sucks... yeah.

Honestly, I think he's just being politically correct. Notice how he knew some players names but didn't go into any specifics over each? Oh yeah... Jim Zorn is a great HC with new ideas. Fred Davis has a lot of potential. Rock Cartwright's first name is Rock.

I looked in on this chat earlier today. I tried having my question answered, but the chat ended before it was. I asked him if Dan Snyder came calling would he take the job.

Well, another person did ask this question...sorry Mods all, I have is what, I copied.

BB's, comment sounded like he would accept the job IF asked.

"Darren, Louisville, KY 06:52 PM ET"

What to you think the Redskins need to do to get the offense going.

Brian Billick, NFL Network

What type of FO decides that OL is an area of need then tries to trade the QB instead of trying to fix the OL?

Archived