Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Note to Portis: Put The 20 lbs Back on ASAP!

Reaganaut

With the Skins offense boiling over now between Portis and his blockers (again), perhaps it it time to fully consider how losing 20 lbs in the offseason has affected him. (Note: he claimed to lose 20 lbs. I'm taking him at his word. I haven't weighed him lately. People are saying he looks fat now... )

He clearly doesn't have the leg strength he had last year to break through would be tacklers. He did have one breakaway play so far this year for a good gain (whistled back due to the incompetent Malcomb Kelly) but the offensive line isn't making holes for him. He has to bull through players like Marion Barber who outweighs him slightly...

He needs to beef up over the season starting NOW. Start eating the big steaks and put a call into Barry Bonds or something. He isn't the same back running lighter in a badly blocked clone of the Seattle offense.

really? you want him playing at 240+lbs?? he did not loose 20lbs this off-season that is a bunch of BS. I mean have you seen him??? no balance, falls all over himself didn't play in the pre-season, does not practice I mean there is nothing about him in football shape right now.

He surely doesnt look like he lost 20 pounds. I was just commenting to my freinds that he actually looks a little heavy in the belly and much slower/explosive.

Well, he said he had lost 20 lbs in the offseason to play lighter for the Zorn/Shanahan type of offense. I took him at his word.

In recent pictures he is getting a bit of a belly. Somebody posted on here earlier in the season about the team gym rats, and they said that Portis doesnt hardly visit the gym much anymore....he is probably too afraid of injuring something..

Agreed. He is not in football shape. Maybe playing at 240+ would be worse than it is right now....

Somebody posted on here earlier in the season about the team gym rats, and they said that Portis doesnt hardly visit the gym much anymore....he is probably too afraid of injuring something..

Whats funny to me is that he got a huge workout bonus this offseason...for what??? I guess just showing up and messing around counts as working out, damn I whish that worked for me.

Archived