Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Softball Thread

RedskinsNation

As a pitcher....and someone who has taken a line drive off the chin (8 stitches)... this scares the **** out of me.

I was the back up pitcher,(starting at 3rd and Shortstop),in the last 2 years I played. I didn't take one of the chin,but only because somehow I managed to get out of the way. Barely. I became very good at the pitch and retreat,(otherwise known as the back peddle for your life),technique when I saw guys come up to the plate with those bats.

• 4 months later...

What do you guys think of the Easton Salvo? I really like the look and the reviews have been very positive. Thinking about getting it or maybe getting the half and half Easton CV 12. Not sure yet. I am not stuck on getting an Easton, but I really do like them. Don't know much about Miken's, Combat's or other big brands.

Salvo.jpg

cv12.jpg

As far as shaved bats, it's sucks but it's part of the game. Last year the team I played with didn't have one, when we went to big tourneys it was going to a gun fight with a knife. When I pitch, I wear a helmet, shin guards and cup. I got drilled in the shin with a line drive about 4 weeks ago, my leg is still bruised and swollen, if i didn't have shin guards on, I would have probably broken my leg.

Archived