Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should model the Ravens organization (MET)

BleedinBurgNGold

When you look at what the Baltimore Ravens do as an organization from ownership to coaching it has to fire up feelings of envy to see them go from 3-13 just two years ago to turning it back around quickly the next two. The Washington Redskins from the top down are an extremely dysfunctional organization. When you look at the roster of the Ravens, nothing really jumps out at you with the exception of lewis and reed on D. But look how long those guys have been around.... YEARS!!! They build teams, build foundations,find diamonds in the rough via the draft/free agency. We do the exact opposite. We try to find square pegs to fit into round holes. The Ravens offense is tearing it up with a bunch of unknowns for the most part. Why? Because they are a team with a strong foundation and an identity. The Washington Redskins are an organization that is simply withering on the vine. We are lost, confused and lethargic. It's sickening to look at a mainly average team in the Ravens find ways to become exceptional while we find ways to lose against really bad teams. As a lifelong Redskins fan, I am man enough to admit, that I am envious of what they do in Baltimore.

Note: Will never ever ever wear purple. So don't go there. Just tellin it like it is

Hail

Try being up here with all the fans. One thing I do notice about being in Baltimore is how the whole city embraces them. There's purple fridays where everyone wears purple or a Ravens jersey to work. They sometimes even change the lights of the buildings downtown to purple for big games. If you go to baltimoresun.com right now, its always Raven stuff on the front page. Maybe its because they are winning, but damn the whole city rallies behind them. I may be too young to remember, but I don't remember any of that in DC/MD/VA area. And the local sports radio is always praising the Ravens. Its like they can do no wrong here.

One thing I do notice about being in Baltimore is how the whole city embraces them. There's purple fridays where everyone wears purple or a Ravens jersey to work. They sometimes even change the lights of the buildings downtown to purple for big games.
It seems that the community in Baltimore doesn't hate the majority owner. I don't know if it is possible for there to be any more badwill (the opposite of goodwill) between the Washington area and it's fan base.

Snyder's stewardship of this franchise has been abysmal and an abomination...it's nothing more than a shell of what it once was.

Everything that has happened to this franchise — all the embarrassment, all the losing, all of the turmoil — is the responsibility of Snyder.

What a shame.

I don't know how I feel about modeling oneself after another team. The Ravens are a well run organization, no doubt about it, but so are the Giants, Steelers, Pats, Packers, and Titans (though you would not notice it this year).

To be successful what we need to do is use pieces of those successful organizations our own way, and develop how we operate. The number one thing is an overall goal and vision, which we sadly do not seem to have.

Archived