Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can Kelly run a fade?

skinsfan2k

Isn't it two weeks in a row now that the Skins have tried a fade to Kelly in the endzone? Each time it appears to me at least that he does not have his body in the correct position to make the catch. He has his back turned to the ball too much. I believed this happened at least once in preseason. Mitchell however has shown he can turn enough to make the catch so why not try him in the red zone instead of Kelly?

BTW Mitchell was inactive this week. Why when it appears the game plan was to pass??

THe ball looked like it was thrown out of bounds, but over all that was the worth fade route off all time he jogs you suppose to at least fake inside and then fade out he just fades out with no moves what so ever. Marco gives a few quick fakes and then fades out kelley does nothing.

It's the passes, ball placement not kelly. Campbell is also forcing passes on Kelly. There are two fade routes. One trying to bypass press and getting behind the db and the qb throws as soon as he sees a clean release hoping the wr catches it in stride. And two is the endzone fade where you chuck the ball to a spot, usually the corner where you hope the wr either got behind the guy or is in position for the jump ball.

Kelly hasnt been in position for the jump ball and campbell doesnt throw a pretty fade nor do I think his timing is that good. Id prefer to just scrap the fade for now. Its been a waste of downs for weeks now.

The ball is thrown too far out of bounds.

It's not as simple ad that though. By no means does Jason throw a horrible fade. Kelly seems to not

give a lot of room for the ball to be thrown high and wide. An underthrow is an almost automatic INT.

Average fade pass + average fade route = wasted down

You make a good point but what I'm getting at is why not give Mitchell a shot? What has Kelly done? He had one nice catch today for his career highlight. We need help in the red zone so put a guy in who runs the play better even though he wasn't a second round pick.

I guess that would upset Vinny though.

Maybe the new coach will play Mitchell and want to score points.

Isn't it two weeks in a row now that the Skins have tried a fade to Kelly in the endzone? Each time it appears to me at least that he does not have his body in the correct position to make the catch. He has his back turned to the ball too much. I believed this happened at least once in preseason. Mitchell however has shown he can turn enough to make the catch so why not try him in the red zone instead of Kelly?

BTW Mitchell was inactive this week. Why when it appears the game plan was to pass??

Archived