Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The problem is us forcing the issue on running the ball

Andre3stacks

We try to involve Portis too much in the offense even when the run game isn't working. U dont need a 1500+ yd running back to win a SB. We also dont need our defense playing like pure **** against the Lions. I mean with the money we gave Haynesworth we could have invested in Holt, a corner and another DT. I pray he lives up to his paycheck. But his presence hasn't helped our Corners get the looks weve looked for.

Uhm this is the sillies i've seen, Stat line says 14 rushes for 65 yards

C. Portis 12 42 3.5 0 14

J. Campbell 1 21 21.0 0 21

L. Betts 1 2 2.0 0 2

So sounds like Zorn did an Andy Reid, and didn't run much at all. Am I right?

You are right

OP is crazy, the problem is that we never made a commitment to the running game being a part of our offense. We ran out of obligation in obvious situations (once again on 4th down in an obvious running situation, be run to the left, the side of the ball where none of the defenders needed to do anything but run blitz, if we went to the right, the LBs would not have been able to just blitz, because they had to worry about the TEs on a posible pass.

Massive failure of a thread.

Are you kidding?

Did you watch the game?

We ran the ball barely 20 times. They threw all game long.. if anything, a thread should be made that we needed to run MORE.

We had limited success, so we stuck with the passing game. Not sure what you're ****ing about. They did exactly what you're saying they should have.

OP has got it right.

Campbell's inaccuracy in intermediate to long throws limits the amount of playcalling Zorn can do..the few times they try to throw, Campbell never connects.

If you notice, right after Campbell missed Moss for a TD in the 1st qtr, Zorn went conservative with Portis.

Then, tell me, why, when Portis gets 22-25 touches a game, do we win more than we lose?

Who carried us on his back in 2005? And 2007?

The problem is the depth behind Portis. Betts should be let go; he's got dollar signs in his eyes and doesn't care anymore because he's not trying to earn a contract. Cartwright is more of a kick returner than a pure running back. I'm not saying Mason is THE answer, but nearly every time he's been put in - preseason and regular season - he's done decently.

Archived