Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush is dumb?

Kilmer17

Imagine if Bush or another GOPer had said this. The media firestorm would be in category 5 range. If you dont believe that, I have 1 word for you-POTATO(E).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,91921,00.html

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — Democratic presidential candidate Bob Graham (search), in sharply criticizing President Bush's veracity about Iraq's weapons programs, got a bit confused about the number of letters in the word "deceit."

Graham, who participated in a candidate's forum at the NAACP (search) convention, was asked if the president lied to the American people when he said in his State of the Union address (search) that Iraq had been trying to buy uranium in Africa to develop nuclear weapons -- a claim the White House has acknowledged should not have been included.

"I would not use the three-letter word," the Florida senator told reporters. "I would use the five-letter word: deceit. That he deceived the American people by allowing into a State of the Union speech at a critical point when he was making the case for war with Iraq, a statement that he either knew was wrong or should have known was wrong."

If Democrats were in control of the House, Graham was asked if he would support impeachment.

"If the standard of impeachment that the Republicans set for Bill Clinton -- a personal, consensual relationship was the basis for impeachment, would not a president who knowingly deceived the American people about something as important as whether to go to war meet the standard of impeachment?" Graham asked.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

Imagine if Bush or another GOPer had said this. The media firestorm would be in category 5 range. If you dont believe that, I have 1 word for you-POTATO(E).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,91921,00.html

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — Democratic presidential candidate Bob Graham (search), in sharply criticizing President Bush's veracity about Iraq's weapons programs, got a bit confused about the number of letters in the word "deceit."

Graham, who participated in a candidate's forum at the NAACP (search) convention, was asked if the president lied to the American people when he said in his State of the Union address (search) that Iraq had been trying to buy uranium in Africa to develop nuclear weapons -- a claim the White House has acknowledged should not have been included.

"I would not use the three-letter word," the Florida senator told reporters. "I would use the five-letter word: deceit. That he deceived the American people by allowing into a State of the Union speech at a critical point when he was making the case for war with Iraq, a statement that he either knew was wrong or should have known was wrong."

If Democrats were in control of the House, Graham was asked if he would support impeachment.

"If the standard of impeachment that the Republicans set for Bill Clinton -- a personal, consensual relationship was the basis for impeachment, would not a president who knowingly deceived the American people about something as important as whether to go to war meet the standard of impeachment?" Graham asked.

I agree, Kilmer, the media firestorm would be huge. Why? Because Bush has established a pattern of saying things that make no sense. At the G-8 Summit, he was quoted as saying that we had found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

And maybe Graham isn't a bright guy, but that has nothing to do with whether Bush is or not.

I agree with you Kilmer. It should be made a bigger deal of if he's really that dumb.

But until there are literally books full of stupid quotes like the ones by the President...nobody is really going to compare them.

Go to google and type in Stupid Bush Quotes and I bet you find tons that just make the average 6th grade english teacher shake their heads in shock.

[WEB]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Stupid+bush+quotes[/WEB]

well yeah, because he's the President and the American Media loves to point out our mistakes.

Did anybody notice that President Ford turned 90 I think yesterday? NBC Nightly News did a nice little piece on him. I thought it was very respectful.

Nobody cares about that.

wmd-receipt1.jpgwmd-receipt2.jpg

Isnt it interesting that Fox is the only outlet that covered this. If Bush said this it would be the lead story on every nightly.

So FoxNews owns the AP now...or even Yahoo? :rolleyes:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030714/ap_on_el_pr/brf_bush_graham_2

Did you think no one was listening to you again? Or checking the veracity of what you harp on?

Im sure newsmax picked it up as well. But I apologize if my inference that none of the cable channels or major news channels picked it up was not understood.

I was not counting or speaking about wire services or internet news.

one small point...I usually avoid making this...but every now and then it bears repeting, otherwise the liberal strategy for claiming "it was personal, consensual sex" will become accepted truth if stated often enough: what clinton did

- involved an employee

- in a federal workspace

- involved actions that you and I would have been fired for: sexual harassment

- it was also adultry; but the Left is busy relegating everything it either favors or practices as an "inconsequential" sideshow

and, btw, while many of you are harping about "bring it on", none of you had any problems with the former President receiving a BJ while discussing military matters over the phone with a Congressman. one very small reason why your complaints find no traction

Originally posted by fansince62

one small point...I usually avoid making this...but every now and then it bears repeting, otherwise the liberal strategy for claiming "it was personal, consensual sex" will become accepted truth if stated often enough: what clinton did

- involved an employee

- in a federal workspace

- involved actions that you and I would have been fired for: sexual harassment

- it was also adultry; but the Left is busy relegating everything it either favors or practices as an "inconsequential" sideshow

and, btw, while many of you are harping about "bring it on", none of you had any problems with the former President receiving a BJ while discussing military matters over the phone with a Congressman. one very small reason why your complaints find no traction

I heard that while he was getting that BJ, he found out that there were little to no WMD in Iraq.

How creepy!

it was a joke dude.

A joke pointing out that whenever the current guy looks really stupid about something political he's done or said. It all the sudden becomes time to bring up the last guy and his personal life.

Yeah he's a dog for the stupid stuff he did what the fat girl....but people didn't die in another country because of it.

You sure about that?

I bet a few Iraqis were in those aspirin factories.

I know you were joking, I was trying (unsuccesfully apparently) to play along.

Back to the original point though. Why do you think that NBC, CNN, ABC, NYTimes etc didnt think this was newsworthy? And do you think that they would ignore it if a GOPer (other than Bush) had said it?

Outside of the President. If this had been Trent Lott it would have led of Nightly News.

A Republican member went on the floor of the House last year and said something to the effect of "All immigrants are enemies of the state." I didn't hear much if anything about that in the press. So there isn't quite the double standard some people think there is.

I dont think many Americans cared that Dan Quayle spelled Potato wrong either, but that didnt stop the press.

Thats a little different. He was the VP at the time. And he went out of his way to correct an elementary school kid on his spelling. Thats a bit comical, due to the context if anything...

And Grahams comments were from a Dem Pres candidate attacking the current Pres. IMO, MUCH MUCH MUCH more newsworthy than a misstep at an elementary school photo-op.

To you and I yes, Kilmer. But most of the country doesn't even know who he is. I think thats got a lot to do with it.

Archived