Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley Watch - On Pace For Record Season

zoony

The real question is, with Cooley being so good and an obvious first choice target on a lot of plays, are our other receiving targets so bad that they STILL can't get open?

Yeah how is Cooley consistently open against both man and zone coverage while our other receivers are having such a tough time?

I'm not 100%, but I think it rhymes with Han Stixon.

Yeah how is Cooley consistently open against both man and zone coverage while our other receivers are having such a tough time?

So you give all the success in Indy, for instance, to their WR's coach?

So you give all the success in Indy, for instance, to their WR's coach?

Not at all, but I'd also take Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison over Moss and Randle El any day of the week. Wouldn't you?

I can't think of a top-flight receiver that Hixon has coached up. Moss had an outstanding year in 2005, but that's about it here. I just think it's very telling that Cooley is generally able to get open against just about any defense while our wide receivers are nearly always catching balls and being tackled on the spot. Or just not catching them at all.

Not at all, but I'd also take Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison over Moss and Randle El any day of the week. Wouldn't you?

I can't think of a top-flight receiver that Hixon has coached up. Moss had an outstanding year in 2005, but that's about it here. I just think it's very telling that Cooley is generally able to get open against just about any defense while our wide receivers are nearly always catching balls and being tackled on the spot. Or just not catching them at all.

I had no idea that the WR coach was so vital to the success of having good WR's.

That said, your sig is too big. Please fix it :)

Could have sworn I saw Malcolm Kelly get wide open on the first play of the game. Damn Hixon.

Cooley gets alot of balls thrown his way, and will continue to, because he's never very far from the line of scrimmage.

Could have sworn I saw Malcolm Kelly get wide open on the first play of the game. Damn Hixon.

Cooley gets alot of balls thrown his way, and will continue to, because he's never very far from the line of scrimmage.

I'm not claiming in any way that our receivers don't get open ever. That was a very poor play by Campbell, and a great burst by Kelly.

I just don't think our receivers are excelling at all, and the attitude that Moss has shown in the first two games is pathetic to say the least. That's the kind of stuff that I place on the coaches.

So...having a less capable position coach will lead to the same production from said position than having a better coach?

That's an interesting stance.

Only interesting that it is a strawman you've constructed to feel better about your failed position that what has ailed our WRs over the past 5 years has been our position coach. Because if thats truly what you believe, you'd better be willing to do the opposite as well, crediting Teams' WR Coaches where they've had success. Such as Cincy, Indy, etc.

You gonna blame our RB coach for Portis's declining production this year too? You want us to go after Tennessee's RB Coach this offseason so we can get our very own Chris Johnson?

Only interesting that it is a strawman you've constructed to feel better about your failed position that what has ailed our WRs over the past 5 years has been our position coach. Because if thats truly what you believe, you'd better be willing to do the opposite as well, crediting Teams' WR Coaches where they've had success. Such as Cincy, Indy, etc.

You gonna blame our RB coach for Portis's declining production this year too? You want us to go after Tennessee's RB Coach this offseason so we can get our very own Chris Johnson?

So again, to reiterate what you said before...you would agree with the statement that a poor wide receivers coach would get the same production from the same players as a very good wide receivers coach?

Just two games, it will be really hard for him to continue this pace if other teams start zeroing in on him since no one else can catch.

I am hoping that Cooley will finish with over 1000 yards, but that is going to be tough.

I can't believe teams havent being keying in on him all along. He has been the most consistent receiver the past couple seasons. I think he will continue to find ways to get open.

Now if we could only find ways to get him the ball in the red zone.

:logo:

I can't believe teams havent being keying in on him all along. He has been the most consistent receiver the past couple seasons. I think he will continue to find ways to get open.

Now if we could only find ways to get him the ball in the red zone.

:logo:

I don't know why we stopped running that play where Cooley scored like 80% of his touchdowns in '07...he just ran like he was headed for the back corner, turned around, and was always wide open. Teams just refused to cover him or something.

So again, to reiterate what you said before...you would agree with the statement that a poor wide receivers coach would get the same production from the same players as a very good wide receivers coach?

Would you quit hijacking my cooley thread with your ridiculous theories about our WR coach? Christ, start a thread or something.

Now can we get back to Cooley's awesomeness?

Would you quit hijacking my cooley thread with your ridiculous theories about our WR coach? Christ, start a thread or something.

Now can we get back to Cooley's awesomeness?

Sure :)

Cooley - in my opinion, which isn't worth much - is the best player on offense by a decent margin. Hopefully he comes up with a 3 TD game or two this season so we can see him in the Pro Bowl where he belongs. He beats up just about every defense he plays against.

I hope he can pad some stats vs. Detroit in the dome...he should have a good week.

I actually think Detroit will be better able to cover the TE than the receivers next week unless they really focus on shutting down Moss. The one area of Detroit's defense that is really impressive are their linebackers and I like their safeties too. Hopefully the ground game gets going against them. Jim Schwartz is an excellent defensive coach and I wouldn't be surprised if they play us really tough but I don't think they have the horses on defense to stop the run, especially not on their depleted defensive line.

Archived