Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick Question about an NFL Rule

kiingspadee

OK we all remember last year right? Denver vs San Diego - there was a fumble BUT because the whistle blew the play was dead.

Last night Phillips had a pick 6 but the whistle was blown so they didn't count the touchdown.

So here's my question: Doesn't this go against the rule? Just because the whistle was blown players shouldn't be given up on a play they should still be trying to stop the play. IMO it didn't matter Giants still got a touchdown but imagine had they not? They wouldn't of won the game.

I think this is a horrible rule if it's "well ball is down where the play started" I strongly believe that they should have kept it as a pick 6.

I think they should make it so doesn't matter if the whistle is blown DURING a play let it go - I mean what if one ref said wait that didn't hit the ground and the other said it did. I just don't think it's a good idea to just have a play called dead that could have serious implications on who wins and doesn't

I think they should make it so doesn't matter if the whistle is blown DURING a play let it go - I mean what if one ref said wait that didn't hit the ground and the other said it did. I just don't think it's a good idea to just have a play called dead that could have serious implications on who wins and doesn't

you can't do that, the whistle signals the players to stop. you can say ignore the whistle.... the injury issues alone, but every play would be chaos to end.

While that player the db should have scored, not every play that would happen, we've all seen someone take a loose ball after the whistle into the end zone because no one is chasing him believing the plays dead. Now under your idea that would be a TD if the replay was overruled, even though the player probably wouldn't have advanced the ball far if no one had stopped.

Archived