Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hussien's Secret Police

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Originally posted by fansince62

Kurp.....I do recall very early on posts of yours that were very ASF-like in the manner of hyper-text links, going all the way back to pre-Afghanistan, that this was all about oil and pipelines (and therefore reflected selfish, corporate driven interests by certain White House individuals) and hence did not merit action.

I think you give me too much credit. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time my memory has failed me. As best as I can recollect though, this doesn't ring a bell with me.

This may seem unpatriotic, but I don't believe America is right in this situation. America has perpeduated most of the things we are finding fault with. Insane Hussien got his WMD from us. We tried to play both sides of the fence in the Iran Contra affiar, and got it right back in our face on 9-11. Like I said before we are in a fish bowl. We think that people that run this country have our best interest in mind, when in essence all they want to do is get richer. There were no CEO's that dies on 9-11, no great Tycoons, no Presidents. Instead it was regular people just like you and me. We are on the front line everyday at the behest of the "status quoe". And now we have a lying a$$ president that is tryin to CYA. Hussien was a Frankenstien created by America, like all these crazy despots, and they are put in place to further "american interest". About the IRA members, I remember this subject was a sore spot whith England. I don't know, maybe I'll dig up an article when I get a chance. Either way America makes these monsters, so don't act like we're the hero in this case.

Hussein was not created by America, and the vast majority of his weaponry came from France and the Soviet Union. I'm not sure what the hell the Iran Contra affair has to do with 9/11, since the Iranians are Shiite fundamentalists; whereas 9/11 was perpetrated by Wahhabi-influenced Sunnis, who view Shiites with incredible disdain. The only Middle Eastern leader who was a product of US intervention was the Shah, and he was deposed more than 30 years ago. Furthermore, what the f^%$k does your class-warfare rhetoric have to do with terrorism? Hussein came to power following a bloody coup of King Faisal, which was not supported by the U.S. In fact, we supported Kurdish separatists led by Barzani following Faisal's demise. Yes, we did support Hussein during the 80s as a counterweight to Iran. And so did most of the rest of the Middle East, including Kuwait! To say that we alone are responsible for the world's despots is ridiculous. Do you blame us for Assad as well? How about Ghaddafi? Castro? Mugabe? The fact that you and I can post messages here decrying various actions of our government without fear of repercussions is rather strong evidence that our regime is not the moral equivalent of a sadistic, maniacal regime like the Baathists who persecuted and terrorised their own citizens. 56, maybe if you learn to spell you could apply for a job writing for Al Jazeera.

From what I recall, there were several IRA members who'd applied for asylum that were being held here by immigration during the 80s, and Reagan lobbied to get them extradited back to England as a thanks to Thatcher for supporting the bombing of Libya. I must admit, I don't really recall any of the details.

Archived