Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Plan vs. Giants

Ant15fromNJ

Thoughout the week I have been listening to all of the players interviews on redskins.com, thinking about personal, and thinking of my general NFL knowledge.

On offense we have to suprise them and start out passing if we do this effectively we can get them on their heels and then mix in the run game. Plus with the injuries the Giants have our WR's really should be able to get open often. I would like to see many multiple WR sets.

On defense Im a firm believer that you have to stop the run first and then worry about the pass. The Giants are good because of the OLine and Jacobs, I dont think much of Eli at all. Get them In passing downs and see what BIG ALBERT and co. can do.

Thats what I believe maybe you feel different but HTTR, Im so happy football is back and GO REDSKINS!!

Albert Haynesworth allllll day baby and of course Crank that Clinton Portis

It will be important for the long-term success of this team for Campbell to establish himself and gain confidence. While many would think that the best way to do this is to come out "slingin", Zorn will choose to do this with runs and short, high percentage passes. He will shield Campbell from his own mistakes. Expect my Skins to sacrifice the first couple of drives to 3 and outs while the O gets in the groove. I expect the longer passes to come out in the second half. Keep in mind that we will be happy if we win this game 13-7 or whatever. Using this game to pump up Campbells confidence could prove very costly. Weeks 2 and 3 seem much likely games for Zorn and JC to let loose.

GO SKINS!!!

DO NOT stack eight against Jacobs. Shouldn't have to with Big Al in the lineup. Keep Orakpo and/or Carter attacking Eli on every play.

Don't worry about the run on offense except to mix things up. Attack their weakened secondary all over the field.

DO NOT stack eight against Jacobs. Shouldn't have to with Big Al in the lineup. Keep Orakpo and/or Carter attacking Eli on every play.

Don't worry about the run on offense except to mix things up. Attack their weakened secondary.

:applause:Agreed. Short and sweet.

Oh, and for goodness sakes...could someone please tell me what on gawd's blue Earth is this "Upgrade to Pro today" bs?

Where is my avatar?

Thank you in advance.

Haynesworth doesn't make 8 in the box unnecessary, he makes it work better than it has against the Giants. Keeping their rushing gains to a minimum will force them into more obvious passing situations, where we'll be able to play straight-up and hopefully pressure the quarterback.

It will be important for the long-term success of this team for Campbell to establish himself and gain confidence. While many would think that the best way to do this is to come out "slingin", Zorn will choose to do this with runs and short, high percentage passes. He will shield Campbell from his own mistakes. Expect my Skins to sacrifice the first couple of drives to 3 and outs while the O gets in the groove. I expect the longer passes to come out in the second half. Keep in mind that we will be happy if we win this game 13-7 or whatever. Using this game to pump up Campbells confidence could prove very costly. Weeks 2 and 3 seem much likely games for Zorn and JC to let loose.

GO SKINS!!!

Not to come down hard on you, but this thought process is the most pussified logic I've ever read. So you want us to sacrifice our first few drives so that we can protect JC's confidence? Forget that. You want us to wait til weeks 2 and 3 to start spreading the field? Screw that! Against NE in JAX we saw that when we give Jason time, the man can spread the ball around to everyone. Lets go in there and set the tone early, both on offense and defense. Lets be aggressive and make the Giants hate themselves for even showing up.

The Redskins need to become a new kind of team tomorrow evening. Forget this good-character choir boy crap we've set out to become, lets get mean, physical, and down right evil on these mother *******. Just listen to Big Al's tone every time he's interviewed. This needs to be the new attitude of the Redskins, not "lets be careful with JC's confidence and just try to play a nice little game before we play our hardest in weeks 2 and 3." Ridiculous.

Don't worry about the run on offense except to mix things up. Attack their weakened secondary all over the field.

I disagree . I think we should use the same game plan we used against the vikings. Since Eli Manning lost his three top receivers, we should load the box to stop the run, and pressure Eli into sacks and interceptions. And instead running stretch plays this time, we should attack their interior dline. If we do this, I think we will see the pre-Super Bowl Eli Manning.

Haynesworth doesn't make 8 in the box unnecessary, he makes it work better than it has against the Giants. Keeping their rushing gains to a minimum will force them into more obvious passing situations, where we'll be able to play straight-up and hopefully pressure the quarterback.

Six men + Big Al = Eight in the box. :D

Single team Al and he will wreak havoc with ridiculous penetration, guaranteed. Any coach with more than a two-cent head could see it.

Archived