Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP/Yahoo Sports:Broncos rookie faces domestic violence charge

ljs

hope he really is innocent. People need to learn how to get along.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-quinnarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Department said Quinn was arrested early Monday afternoon after a woman called 911. The woman told deputies that her live-in boyfriend, Quinn, grabbed and shook her to the ground during an argument and grabbed the phone from her while she was trying to dial 911.

Deputies say Quinn told them he grabbed the woman only after she started hitting him in the face, but had no visible marks on his face.

Quinn was ordered held overnight in jail without bond per Colorado law in domestic dispute cases. He was due in court Tuesday morning.

“This is a very unfortunate personal situation, but I’m extremely proud of the way Richard handled it,” Peter Schaffer, Quinn’s lawyer and agent, told The Associated Press on Monday night. “Richard defused what could have been an explosive situation given that their 1-year-old was in the apartment.”

click link for entire article

How is that domestic violence again him? Is the standard now that you have to allow a woman to beat your ass or run away? If she hit him and he grabbed her and put her on the ground without either getting injured what is wrong with what he did? The article doesn't mention any injuries to either party.

I'm a person that thinks abused woman should face severe punishment when they kill their abusers... but there has to be a limit to what we consider violence. All contact is not violence and some manner of restraining the other person has to be acceptable. Otherwise all we have left is roll up into a ball and take your beating.

Agreed, Des. I don't want to get too much into the different worlds in which different groups in the country live but there are tons of stories I could tell about people who made up abuse, exaggerated (beyond reason) what occurred. Also, there are a lot of cases, I'm guessing younger people and melodramatic or borderline personality individuals (particularly women) who know that the law has turned so far the other way that a man can hold a woman to control her (and not allow her to destroy his house or injure him) and they will arrest him still.

Many women are now convinced that they can say and do anything and it will have no consequences for them, only for the man. Have an affair, get divorced, get custody and child support anyway. Beat a man, he stops you, he goes to jail and has his character impugned.

Murder Fred Lane, accuse him of being abusive until the truth is you're a psychopath who murdered him to get insurance and besmirched his reputation to justify it to the legal system.

It's easy to say "find better women" but you can't always tell good from bad, especially at younger ages or if you're trying to make it work with someone you may have accidentally impregnated.

I think the issue really comes down to him allegedly not allowing her to use the phone to call 911- that in of itself is a DV crime.

The other factors to determine who is "at fault" is the size/strenght of a person, it's not who hit first. Not saying he is guilty, I actually am leaning toward the opposite.

lets say she did hit him, but she left no marks per the report. So she couldn't have hit him very hard, or very much if he had no marks right? Then lets say he grabs her to prevent her from hitting him again, but he leaves marks on her arms. Guess what- the cops are going to look at who has marks on them, plus who is the bigger/stronger person.

You have this big muscular football guy, with no marks on him, but then you have a woman with marks/bruises on her arms. What do you do? The unfortunate part is that most all states have DV laws that the cops can not use discretion.

For example, if a cop pulls you over for speeding 15 mph over, they have a few options. They can write the full amount, write for 5 or 10 over which lowers the fine, or just give you a warning. But in a DV, the cops have no choice. They are compelled by law to make an arrest. Then its up to the court system to decide if he really is guilty or not.

BTW/FWIW, I've arrested a **** ton of women for DV. Women are crazy- and in those situations the men did not fight back- therefore the woman went to jail. If this woman really was going ape ****- he should have called the cops. That would be my question, why didn't he call the cops? regardless, unfortunate situation for the kid.

Unless it is clear cut the guy was the victim (injuries and marks) the guy is always the one removed. It is him against her in most cases and it is safer/more politically correct to remove the guy when there is any doubt as too the aggressor.

Yeah, as someone pointed out the person who calls usually wins, unless the evidence is overwhelming.

I think the issue really comes down to him allegedly not allowing her to use the phone to call 911- that in of itself is a DV crime.

The other factors to determine who is "at fault" is the size/strenght of a person, it's not who hit first. Not saying he is guilty, I actually am leaning toward the opposite.

lets say she did hit him, but she left no marks per the report. So she couldn't have hit him very hard, or very much if he had no marks right? Then lets say he grabs her to prevent her from hitting him again, but he leaves marks on her arms. Guess what- the cops are going to look at who has marks on them, plus who is the bigger/stronger person.

You have thisbig muscular football guy, with no marks on him, but then you have a woman with marks/bruises on her arms. What do you do? The unfortunate part is that most all states have DV laws that the cops can not use discretion.

For example, if a cop pulls you over for speeding 15 mph over, they have a few options. They can write the full amount, write for 5 or 10 over which lowers the fine, or just give you a warning. But in a DV, the cops have no choice. They are compelled by law to make an arrest. Then its up to the court system to decide if he really is guilty or not.

I personally have lived this scenario. I spent 5 years with an abusive woman. I can't even to tell you how many times I was hit by my ex wife. I have 2 kid's her with and was ready to leave when she flipped! Hit me, kicked me and took my car key's so I couldn't leave. I grabbed her hands, took the key's and she ran for the phone and called the cops. Yours truly went to jail!

Women will sometime use this tactic to gain a foothold in custody disputes. In most States, if you have a conviction of any kind you cannot have sole physical custody.

Luckily, I saved pictures of her attacks. Women can be far more violent than men as you Stated. Interestingly, there's a ton of help available for Women, but not men! DV towards men is the most under reported crime in the US.

B&G- I agree. like I said, I have arrested a lot of women, way more than ever expected. I recall one time a woman let her boyfriend live in the house again after he'd been arrested. They still had the No Contact order. She called us to say he was at the house, we arrested him. He tells me he'd been living there the whole time, and she got pissed cuz he was in the bathroom too long. She admits it, but nothing we can do-It's his duty to abide by the order, or ask to have it dropped. Sucked, I really felt bad for him, but nothing I could do.

Archived