Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video of a comedian politician getting cornered on healthcare

Corcaigh

Al Franken talks to a crowd of constituents about healthcare reform. The Tea Party lady starts out a little confrontational but Franken does a nice job in handling it.

So ... a funny man enters politics and it turns out that he is the straight man. That says a lot about the quality of our career politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Good stuff from Franken, very reasonable and I am amazed that I agree with him so much. However, notice that none of the reforms that he talked about necessitated a public option. This is exactly my point, a public option is not the sort of reform we need to make our health care system better and more affordable. There are many other things we could do, like the changes he suggested, which would be a much better solution to maximizing quality of service and minimizing cost than a public option.

Franken is no fool and he's not afraid of confrontation. Not at all surprised that he'd stand in the middle of an opposed partisan crowd. What was surprising is how well he explained some of the problems that don't get talked about enough. The different delivery systems for example was a great point.

Archived