Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN, Adam Schefter: Sanchez to start

SWFLSkins

It was just reported on ESPN by Adam Schefter....(Apparently FoxSports.com broke the news though.)

What the football world expected became reality Wednesday when the Jets' quarterbacks were informed that Mark Sanchez is the new starter, team sources confirmed to ESPN.

Sanchez will start the Jets' third preseason game Saturday night against the New York Giants -- and, more importantly, the team's regular-season opener at Houston against the Texans.

It wasn't a question of if Sanchez would be named the starter, but when. Even though he struggled some against the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night, the Jets have seen enough moxie and talent from Sanchez to make this year's fifth overall pick the face of the franchise.

The designation of Sanchez as the Jets' starter was first reported by FoxSports.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4423136

I'm sure everyone else in the AFC East is happy that it's official now and the Jets will inevitably struggle through the trials and tribulations that come with most rookie's, non less QB's.

Makes sense for the Jets. New Coach, rebuilding, and they've not exactly a proven vet. QB on their roster that's a better option.

All the best to the young man. I've nothing against the Jets.

Hail.

Makes sense for the Jets. New Coach, rebuilding, and they've not exactly a proven vet. QB on their roster that's a better option.

I think starting from day 1 your rookie year, ESPECIALLY for a QB that left school early, is a mistake. Flacco/Ryan are the exceptions, not the rule. I truly believe Sanchez is going to struggle significantly.

I think starting from day 1 your rookie year, ESPECIALLY for a QB that left school early, is a mistake. Flacco/Ryan are the exceptions, not the rule. I truly believe Sanchez is going to struggle significantly.

I agree. This usually scars the guy and sets up a dismal career.

I would agree under normal circumstance, but what other options of ANY note have the Jets realistically got?

In their particular scenario, I can understand why they are starting over and re-building, from Coach on down, and hoping it pays off down the line.

Hail.

Archived