Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week off from the Cup Series at a bad time?

bishtw

Am I the only person who thinks that NASCAR has picked a bad time to take a week off? There's 2 races before the chase and so many drivers on the bubble it is getting exciting. I'm not sure if I buy into momentum but if there is momentum this is a real bad spot to put the week off. Why not wait two weeks and have the break right before the points reset.

I'm not sure if it has to do with switching the Atlanta race with the Pepsi 500 at California or not but still...

Am I alone in this?

TJ you need to spend more time fishin and watchin racin and less time wondering when the next disaster is gonna happen. :D

QFT!

TJ needs to expand his world view to include tornadoes and wildfires.;)

About the break, moving all that gear around this great nation of ours is a huge pain in the brain.:doh1:

Did they schedule it like that to allow for a make up race in case one got rained out?

Nope. If a race is rained out on a Sunday, then they just run it the next day. Same thing if it were a Saturday night race. I can think of few instances where a race wasn't made up the following day. Like SkinsBry stated, its a long season. Those guys deserve a week off every now and then.

Archived