Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Virginia High School football

Die Hard

Are any of you familiar with Osborne High School in Manassas?

Head Coach is John Minteer... he runs the Single Wing (ie. Wildcat) and apparently they won the 2006 Virginia State Championship.

Just curious about your perceptions of his football program? Well-known? Well-regarded? Well-respected? Successful?

Just curious.

familiar with Osbourn, graduated from there in 2000...they did win the 2006 State Championship and lost in the state championship last year. Ranked#3 in the state in the preseason polls and #73 in the country...but John Minteer isn't the coach. It's actually Steve Schultze...program was a complete joke until Schultze took over. Not sure who Minteer is but he could be on the staff or over at Osbourn Park

Even when I went there, we had the #1 LB/#4 RB in the country and still sucked...lol. But Schultze is working wonders with that program

Are any of you familiar with Osborne High School in Manassas?

Head Coach is John Minteer... he runs the Single Wing (ie. Wildcat) and apparently they won the 2006 Virginia State Championship.

Just curious about your perceptions of his football program? Well-known? Well-regarded? Well-respected? Successful?

Just curious.

I dont believe John Minteer is the coach. Its Steve Schultze isnt it?

Anyway.

Screw Osbourne in 2006. They may be good now, but I'll tell you that the 2006 team was the biggest example of a one man team Ive ever seen.

All I really know about the school's football program is that they won a state championship with an academically ineligible star quarterback (Brandon Hogan) and that without him didnt appear to be very good.

Thanks gentlemen.

I don't want to misrepresent him... I've never met him personally -- only view him on DVD (ie. symposium) and have seen his posts and him referenced on the Single Wing message board many times.

I may have assumed he was the HC... incorrectly.

Now, I don't want to assume he's the OC :) I know he's a Single Wing guy... and a prominent one at that.

So, is Osborne running the Single Wing? Is Minteer the OC?

Or is John just studying and presenting the offense out of his own interest/time? :)

It's possible... since I'm shocked to see the amount of coaches that are attending the annual Single Wing Symposium... that aren't currently running the Single Wing at the time (or ever have previously).

Anyway.

Screw Osbourne in 2006. They may be good now, but I'll tell you that the 2006 team was the biggest example of a one man team Ive ever seen.

All I really know about the school's football program is that they won a state championship with an academically ineligible star quarterback (Brandon Hogan) and that without him didnt appear to be very good.

No clue where you get your info from but he was never ineligible.

Anyway.

Disgruntled Chantilly fan are you!!

Last year Osbourn was the Division 6 Group AAA runner-up. So far from what I am hearing and reading is that they should be very good this year. Although this year they moved down from Division 6 to Division 5. The reason why they use that Offense is because when the current coaching came aboard back in 2003 they couldn't match-up well with Hylton, Potomac, or Woodbridge which were in their league. They didn't have the same man power of the bigger schools. So they wanted a system in which they could get most of there talent and get an advantage. It has worked very well for them!

The history of the program has been pretty bad. In the 80's they made the playoffs once. In 1991, they went 8-2 and in 1992 they made the Group AA playoffs. Then in the late 1990's they got bumped to Group AAA. It was very brutal. I think when they moved up they endured a 47 game loosing streak. Then the current coaching staff came in a changed the whole culture of not only the program but the school. As a 1992 Grad of Osbourn I am pretty damn proud of them all!!!

Archived