Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Various Sources: Giants Canty and Alford out for extended time

No Excuses

The injuries stink, but don't for one second think they will be any worse. Remember many of us thought they would lose a lot of pass rush when Osi went out last season.

Well, for Giant fans, there is a lot to worry about. Both of last years starters, are coming back slowly from knee surgeries, Canty a torn hamstring, Bernard a hamstring/shoulder, and now Alford's knee. That's the whole rotation right there.

Man, a tear in the hamstring. Is it just me, or does that sound like something that would keep a guy out for more than two weeks?

I tore my hamstring while in the military and was pretty much out of operational status for a couple of months.

It tore so bad that the back of my leg from my gluteal fold to my popliteal space was black and blue.

Can't do much with a busted wheel.

Well, for Giant fans, there is a lot to worry about. Both of last years starters, are coming back slowly from knee surgeries, Canty a torn hamstring, Bernard a hamstring/shoulder, and now Alford's knee. That's the whole rotation right there.

You see as a fan of Dallas, I hope they are slowed down by slow years not by injuries :).

If they are fine and have bad years I am happy :).

I just don't want to jinx it and say "They will stink" then they romp Dallas week 2.

Well, my hope is that Canty will be ready at the start of Week 2. ;)

Just what I was thinking about all of their DT's and Boley. Their O isn't gong to win them the championship. The D looked very average against the Bears. Stealing game 1 from the Giants could be huge for us.

If we can split against the NFC East and beat the teams we should, that gives us wins against the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Chiefs, Bronco's and Raiders, and losses against the Panthers, Falcons, Saints and Chargers. That is 10-6 and seems like a reasonable outcome. Any less than a split, and we will need to win some pretty tough games to make the playoffs. Any better than an NFC East Split, and it;s playoffs for sure.

Archived