Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think the team is responding to Zorn?

SMOSS89

After last nights game (on the CSN post game show) Greg Blache was flat out unsatisfied with the defense. He had given them a halftime butt chewing and announced in his post game interview that the unit lost their game and shouldn't be satisfied with an ultimate scoring win from the other units.

We're playing 3 teams in a row that went deep into the AFC playoffs last year (one is the defending SB champ) so it's tough to look good against units like that who are already running on all cylinders but I liked hearing Blache refuse to say anything like that and hold his players to that opponent's level.

After last nights game (on the CSN post game show) Greg Blache was flat out unsatisfied with the defense. He had given them a halftime butt chewing and announced in his post game interview that the unit lost their game and shouldn't be satisfied with an ultimate scoring win from the other units.

We're playing 3 teams in a row that went deep into the AFC playoffs last year (one is the defending SB champ) so it's tough to look good against units like that who are already running on all cylinders but I liked hearing Blache refuse to say anything like that and hold his players to that opponent's level.

the inability of our defense to stop the 3rd down pass is frustrating. But usually it occurs because of a stupid mistake like a roughing penalty on Hall or an interference penalty or defensive holding penalty or the safeties arriving just...j-u-s-t a little late.

Players can make highlight reels but if they cannot produce then they need to be replaced. Blache has to stop getting stuck on players, ignore how much they are paid, and don't be afraid to bench somebody or jerk them out of the game if they are not producing. Blache will lose his job anyway once Cower gets here.

Agreed, except the Patriots didn't make the playoffs last year despite being 11-5. I love that we play 3 teams who have had success in the playoffs and SB in our preseason games. It should (and looks like it has so far) give us a good test for the upcoming regular season.

I think the defense did well, but Blache is right that we need to get opponents off the field on 3rd down. Someone was whiffing in coverage and it needs to be corrected.

Archived