Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking Forward to Week 2

ramsrams

Hey gang, I'm looking forward to our early season match up. Is it just me, or does it seem like the Skins and Rams play against each other every year? You guys seem like you're in our division.

For the newbs, no need to flame. I've written my take on the Rams the last four times we've played you. I didn't get banned. It was judged fair, I think.

STBonecrusher, you still around?

Unfortunately, my write-up this year will be very early, so it may not have much relevence re injuries, etc. I'll be on Prince Edward Island playing golf with my bestest buds for a week starting September 10. No TV, no computer. (its a remote location) 32 years in a row with the same dudes. I can't miss it, and won't even see the game. I'll try to write it up as late as possible, but it will still be before Game 1.

Best of luck to the Skins this year! Played Lionhead, a great local course up here, on Saturday with a bud that had his Skins cap on! You wouldn't believe how many Washington fans are up here!

Looking forward to the game! I'm sure y'all will tell me about it when I get back! I always come back after my write-ups.

Here's to no injuries!

I still can't believe Pete Kendall caught that ball. Uggg.

I know no one single play can ruin a season; however, that play ruined all of the momentum the Skins had going for them with the 4 consecutive wins. If Pete lets that ball drop to the ground, the Skins win that game and move to 5-1 and end up being 7-2 at the break instead of 6-3. IMO if the Skins had beaten St. Louis that week, we would have made the playoffs.

As gracious as ever rr.

For way too long now we always contrive to lose a game or two that we have no real right to, so I for one are certainly banking on nothing until the time the final gun goes in our match-up.

32 years with the same guys huh? Man that's something. Put's missing the game in perspective, and gives a true meaning to the word "friends."

All the best for our match up my good man. May it be an injury free, entertaining game, with the best team the victor. (Provided it's dressed in burgundy and gold mind. ;).).

Hail.

Aw, c'mon guys! There are heroes and goats in every game. But thank you Pete!

The Skins are a much more talented team than the Rams, yet we seem to have your number.

Why is that?

How about that Jeff George game in 2000? That's a pretty good memory. Or the Lavar sack/fumble game in 2002.

Aw, c'mon guys! There are heroes and goats in every game. But thank you Pete!

The Skins are a much more talented team than the Rams, yet we seem to have your number.

Why is that?

Welcome back RR...

It actually seems like, recently at least, the lesser team has the advantage...

2000: Redskins win in St. Louis (I think most would agree the Rams were the better team)

2002: Redskins win in DC with Arrington sacking Warner in the red zone (same as above)

2006: Rams win in St. Louis thanks to late Betts fumble (probably a push that year talent-wise)

2008: Rams win in DC (Skins had the better team)

Edit: I left out the 2005 game since it was the only game in which there was a considerably better team that won.

That game last year was absolutely awful. I wanted to cry for a week. The only thing that was able to turn my frown upside down was the very next week when the Cowgirls got crushed by 20 points by the Rams. It was amazing how fast those stupid Cowgirl fans shut up after 7 days of straight trash talk about how the Skins sucked for losing to the Rams.

How are Bulger and Steven Jackson looking in camp and pre-season so far?

Unfortunately, Marc broke the pinkie finger on his throwing hand on Monday, and will probably miss the rest of pre-season. That's a shame for us, as we're installing a new offense under former Philly QB coach Pat Shurmur. He was 4-4 against the Jets last Friday, but took three sacks, primarily due to blitz pick-up issues with the RB's. Rex Ryan brought the house virtually every play, and the Rams weren't prepared for that in Game 1 of pre-season.

Jackson seems primed to have a great year, if he can stay on the field. He's put on six pounds of muscle, which will make him even more intimidating. He seems focused, and is looking forward to running behind a real FB. The Rams picked up Mike Karney from the Saints, and hope to develop into a team that can pound the ball with Jackson. The OL seems improved, so we'll see.

Spags, so far, looks the part.

That 08 game was a heart breaker and I don't think it would have mattered too much if we did win it and make the playoffs. We wasn't beating anyone if we did make it last year. I think you will see a different Redskins team this time, one who will get to the QB this time, and one who will punch it into the end zone a lot more.

Well, the Rams looked liked crap last night. No Bulger, and Jackson only got a few snaps. Other than that, it was basically SOSAR.

What can you guys tell me about Boller? I only ask because you're geographicly close to Baltimore.

Is he really as bad as he looks?

Archived