Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team Nastiness

3 Rings

the team doesn't have an identity and until they get a real leader to step up ala Ray Lewis they will NEVER be nasty. Ever. They are soft. A puke player once said, all you have to do to beat the Redskins is come out and punch them in the mouth early and they pretty much fold up after that.

It was true in 99 and its still true now.

We need to have to killer mindset that we lost went Sean Taylor passed

Beat me to it. Nasty is an understatement to what Sean Taylor brought to the table. Soft? The guys that have been with this team for more than a couple years would take offense to that...and rightly so.

This team needs a killer mindset. I think on D they can develop it this year. The offense has about as much nastiness as Mr. Rodgers giving away free cotton candy to kids.

Let's hope the D is as fierce as it looks like it will be and that it rubs off on the offense!

Oh don't worry he'll learn to hate the cowboys eagles and giants equally real quick. Especially when he sees them getting all the hype and publicity and then hearing their players talk trash about us. He'll definitely hate them! Think about Portis, Santana, Griffin, Daniels, Fletcher, Thomas and Rabach.. They all started with other teams but have learned to hate these division rivals just fine!

Big Al is the man. There's nothing I hate more than hearing about Redskins joking around after losses, glad-handing with opponents at midfield, posting happy-go-lucky blog entries, and shrugging off a L with "eh, we'll try harder next week."

Remember back in '83, when the entire Skins TEAM got off the team airplane in Dallas, wearing military fatigues, and stone-faced serious expressions, showing they were all business? Talk about friggin' intimidating. I miss that. Glad to see Al is bringing a little some of it back.

Wow, another great quote from AH. I can't wait to see the big guy in action. Whooooweeee. Be Afraid. beee vewwwy afwaid.

That is the mindset/mentality the Defense should have..heck, the whole team should have.

I agree I can't stand to see the Skins losing in the 4th quarter and you see guys laughing it up on the sidelines like it's no big deal. Sure after the game at some point you refocus and move on..but in that moment there shouldn't be much to laugh about when you're getting your tail handed to you.

It was actually so he wouldn't miss the rest of a game, which is absolutely insane. What a warrior.

Your story sounds way better, but according to Wikipedia- Lott switched to the safety position in 1985. He had the tip of his left pinky finger amputated after the 1985 season, when it was crushed by tackling RB Timmy Newsome.

Archived