Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who here has an authentic jersey?

illone

no, when he says "authentic" he's talking about the kind of "authentic" jersey you can get at the redskins store. They aren't the same as the "authentic" jerseys worn on the field by the players but they are "authentic" jerseys and they are as close as you can get to "authentic" on field jerseys.

ps "authentic" "authentic" "authentic" "authentic"

When you say "authentic" I assumed you meant a real player jersey that was worn in a game. I have a "real authentic" #44 jersey that Riggo wore in a game. It had some blood spots on it but I got them out after a few washings. The jersey did not shrink.

Are you being serious??? You washed Riggo's blood out of it??? Why wouldn't you leave that on there???

Are you being serious??? You washed Riggo's blood out of it??? Why wouldn't you leave that on there???

How do you know it is Riggo's? It could have been a Philly fan's in the parking lot.

Of course I wouldn't wash it out. It is a real Riggo, don't know what game or whose blood. Has some other scuffs and wear and tear. Got it from someone who got it from someone, close to the inside. :eaglesuck

I wear mine a lot, to school, games, at home during away games etc. I usually wash mine every 3-4 weeks, depending on how bad it gets.

I wash it inside out, by itself on the most gentle setting I have. I never dry it, just hang it up when its done.

It has never shrunk on me nor lost color or anything along that line.

When you say "authentic" I assumed you meant a real player jersey that was worn in a game. I have a "real authentic" #44 jersey that Riggo wore in a game. It had some blood spots on it but I got them out after a few washings. The jersey did not shrink.

A few washings? Man i would have framed that as is and put that high on my jersey wall, but thats me

Please chime in and let me know if your jersey has shrunk at all.

I just bought one that is a bit too big and need to know if this thing will shrink.

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

I have not noticed any shrinkage at all, but I always wash mine in cold water, which helps keep that from happening.

I wear mine a lot, to school, games, at home during away games etc. I usually wash mine every 3-4 weeks, depending on how bad it gets.

I wash it inside out, by itself on the most gentle setting I have. I never dry it, just hang it up when its done.

It has never shrunk on me nor lost color or anything along that line.

I actually started drying mine last couple of times & the only thing that faded is some of the color in the armbands. The white & the gold band. But the burgundy is still very burgundy. The sewed numbers are still vibrant white, the name as well. I have an Arrington & it still looks pretty good...& I wore that jersey quite a bit at one point.

DO NOT put it thru the dryer. It wasn't til I started drying it that the armbands started fading. Let it airdry.

See I don't understand this. Not even a little bit. You got a game worn jersey from John "The Diesel" Riggins...with BLOOD on it...& you WASHED IT OUT???? :doh:

I, personally, would have taken it straight to a framer & had it mounted on my wall AS IS. There's NO WAY I would have washed it. At worst, it would have hung in a closet in plastic on a wooden coat hanger until I could have it framed. It never would have even crossed my mind to wash it...or wear it...just frame it. Especially one with blood on it. That's just a testament to the way that man played football. He didn't outrun you, he out muscled you. He ran people over. He made people WISH they had missed. I don't know how many times I saw him take that ball straight up the middle & the whole pile moved several yards forward, he was just that strong. A smashmouther. To have blood on a jersey from ANY player, actually, would be pretty cool, I guess. but especially that one...I'd never have even THOUGHT about washing it out. But that's just me. :2cents:

Archived