Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LATIMES: Wanted: Obama healthcare reform volunteers willing to be paid $15 an hour

SnyderShrugged

what am I denying or obfuscating?

Because you have denied any astroturfing efforts on the behalf of the anti-reform movement when such information has been posted. And, like I said, this does not have to involve health insurers.

Also, in regard to Dick Gephardt, the health industry definitely plays both sides of the aisle. I am not too crazy about Democrats who are also influenced by the health lobby -- that isn't any better.

i thought i should settle this. I called up one of the mega insurers and asked to speak with their public affairs. When connected, i let them know that i am working on a story on public health policy and the insurers stance. We talked for about ten minutes and they agreed to send me their plan of action.

Because of confidentiality, i am only reproducing the first page here.

astroturf.jpg

:) See!

Because you have denied any astroturfing efforts on the behalf of the anti-reform movement when such information has been posted. And, like I said, this does not have to involve health insurers.

Also, in regard to Dick Gephardt, the health industry definitely plays both sides of the aisle. I am not too crazy about Democrats who are also influenced by the health lobby -- that isn't any better.

No, I've said that astroturfing by health insurers isnt happenning, nothing more, nothing less.

Do I think that the vast majority of upset people at the townhalls are "astroturf", no. (but I understand we may be using different definitions, so that may be cloudy)

To be totally honest with you, I've gotten upset at the false accusations of "villainy" from many on the left regarding health insurers in general and I go out of my way to show the truth in that regard in these threads because those silly and unfounded accusations keep appearing in these threads more and more. Not saying they are coming from you, because of late, you've stayed away from it.

LOL! H2O outa my nose!

But if you really would like a connection with a large insurance company to speak with, PM me, I might be able to get you to someone.

Thanks. I very well might. I've got my stories already lined up through August, but this story certainly will have legs into the Fall. I pursued the Robot story because I wanted to find out what the heck was really going on for myself. This one is probably even more complex. Sadly, if I take it on I'll have to deal with MAJOR policy wonks and those usually give me a headache.

Too many are trained to say nothing in as many words as possible.

No, I've said that astroturfing by health insurers isnt happenning, nothing more, nothing less.

Do I think that the vast majority of upset people at the townhalls are "astroturf", no. (but I understand we may be using different definitions, so that may be cloudy)

I don't think all most protesters are "astroturf" either, but I believe some have been organized by such organization.

Mpre so, I am a bit unhappy that the anger displayed by some protesters is based upon false information. So this isn't really just about "astroturfing," but partially about disinformation from anti-reformers.

To be totally honest with you, I've gotten upset at the false accusations of "villainy" from many on the left regarding health insurers in general and I go out of my way to show the truth in that regard in these threads because those silly and unfounded accusations keep appearing in these threads more and more. Not saying they are coming from you, because of late, you've stayed away from it.

Fair enough.

I think the accusations of "villainy" is due to the large profit margins of the industry and just problems associated with problems in our health care system. Thus, the insurers become an easy, natural target.

That being said, I realize that the problem involves different facets of the health industry, and that one area of it, the insurance providers, cannot take all the blame.

There is enough of that to go all around. ;)

But if you really would like a connection with a large insurance company to speak with, PM me, I might be able to get you to someone.

So you work for an insurance agency? Why don't you put that on every freaking post for the last three days...

Paid appologist, disinformation distributor, and obfuscator for the health insurance association... Or is it just your hobby?

So you work for an insurance agency? Why don't you put that on every freaking post for the last three days...

Paid appologist, disinformation distributor, and obfuscator for the health insurance association... Or is it just your hobby?

I thought it was common knowledge that I work for an insurance company?

I apologize that you werent aware of that. (though, I think most people are)

LOL, paid apologist? hardly, just seeking to clarify the industry's actual position, free from the assumptions and misconceptions.

To be honest, I kind of hate my job! LOL

I did it to myself though, by accepting a relo at a bad time to a rough part of the company.

I don't think all most protesters are "astroturf" either, but I believe some have been organized by such organization.

Mpre so, I am a bit unhappy that the anger displayed by some protesters is based upon false information. So this isn't really just about "astroturfing," but partially about disinformation from anti-reformers.

Fair enough.

I think the accusations of "villainy" is due to the large profit margins of the industry and just problems associated with problems in our health care system. Thus, the insurers become an easy, natural target.

That being said, I realize that the problem involves different facets of the health industry, and that one area of it, the insurance providers, cannot take all the blame.

There is enough of that to go all around. ;)

Thats a very reasonable point of view man, and I appreciate it.

(though, when compared to most industries, the profit margins are quite small. Pharma is the big player, I think)

I thought it was common knowledge that I work for an insurance company?

It might be. I did not know.

LOL, paid apologist? hardly, just seeking to clarify the industry's actual position, free from the assumptions and misconceptions.

What is your job description? Are you the guy the doctors call up to approve their proceedures? Who get's pain killers and who get's to bight the leather strap kind of thing? Who get's a new kidney and who get's the christmas tree deodorant for the car? Or are you the guy taking the congressmen and senators out to Dominiques for lunch and knee capping the unruly ones?

To be honest, I kind of hate my job! LOL

I did it to myself though, by accepting a relo at a bad time to a rough part of the company.

Bad part of the company, or bad part of the country? In the DC area really the job market is pretty hopping. Unemployment is half the national average and for college educated folks half of that. I hear NIH is hiring, they have a study going involving Crash helmet and blunt trama to the head. Maybe you could be part of the control group. :D

It might be. I did not know.

What is your job description? Are you the guy the doctors call up to approve their proceedures? Who get's pain killers and who get's to bight the leather strap kind of thing? Who get's a new kidney and who get's the christmas tree deodorant for the car? Or are you the guy taking the congressmen and senators out to Dominiques for lunch and knee capping the unruly ones?

Bad part of the company, or bad part of the country? In the DC area really the job market is pretty hopping. Unemployment is half the national average and for college educated folks half of that. I hear NIH is hiring, they have a study going involving Crash helmet and blunt trama to the head. Maybe you could be part of the control group. :D

I have a pretty obscure job here, I am a director of quality and process over a new acquisition to the company down in a somewhat depressed part of SC. I also am a Six Sigma master Black belt and strategic consultant (internal only). I get to teach quality improvement methodology and data analysis. I also head up the local audit division.

It's cool in many ways because I've gotten to be immersed in many different parts of the company, mainly leading project Black belts in their improvement efforts.

I mainly dont like the tense atmosphere at this new location because of being newly acquired. I think many may see me as a "home office" spy or something!

(though, when compared to most industries, the profit margins are quite small. Pharma is the big player, I think)

Oil industry, Movie industry, Loan sharking, and Jewl theifing...

Insurance industry was the 12th most profitable industry in he country. (2005)

• 1 Mining, Crude-Oil Production 29.9
  • 2 Internet Services and Retailing 23.8
  • 3 Commercial Banks 18.3
  • 4 Network and Other Communications Equipment 15.8
  • 5 Pharmaceuticals 15.7
  • 6 Medical Products & Equipment 13.2
  • 7 Securities 12.7
  • 8 Railroads 12.5
  • 9 Diversified Financials 12.4
  • 10 Publishing, Printing 11.8
  • 11 Household and Personal Products 11.1
  • 12 Insurance: Life, Health (stock)

And I think we can safely assume commercial banks, securities, diversified financials are off the list today.

Health insurance companies have seen their profits go up by 50% since this poll was done.

Oil industry, Movie industry, Loan sharking, and Jewl theifing...

Insurance industry was the 12th most profitable industry in he country. (2005)

• 1 Mining, Crude-Oil Production 29.9
  • 2 Internet Services and Retailing 23.8
  • 3 Commercial Banks 18.3
  • 4 Network and Other Communications Equipment 15.8
  • 5 Pharmaceuticals 15.7
  • 6 Medical Products & Equipment 13.2
  • 7 Securities 12.7
  • 8 Railroads 12.5
  • 9 Diversified Financials 12.4
  • 10 Publishing, Printing 11.8
  • 11 Household and Personal Products 11.1
  • 12 Insurance: Life, Health (stock)

And I think we can safely assume commercial banks, securities, diversified financials are off the list today.

Health insurance companies have seen their profits go up by 50% since this poll was done.

health insurance ranks 86th of all industries in regards to profit margin at 3.3%.

http://biz.yahoo.com/p/sum_qpmd.html

Texas receives back around $1.80 for every dollar sent to the Feds: You live in a heavily subsidized state. A lot of states are dealing with immigration - it just isn't a Texan problem.

Just because Texas has "manufacturing,shipping,energy producing" doesn't mean you should be entitled more than another state, otherwise it undermines your arguments for a reduction in the federal system.

Did you pull that number out of your ass??:saber:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/266.html

Funny ,but the numbers show it is YOU:chair: who live in a heavily subsidized state

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-140222476.html

Maryland becomes the No. 2 state in per-capita federal spending.

Sucking at the feds tit there a bit hard ain't ya?:hysterical:

2897950750_d82b8dd021.jpg:)

Archived